Hunting Life Member Attacked.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thank you all for your kind words its andys wife tonya, he is on the mend though still in pain and having nightmares about the attack so the nights are long and seem to have extra hours in them! but w

a message from andy..........i am am overwhelmed by the kind responses and gifts you have sent for me for my recovery, a bleak beginning to last week has ended with my faith in humanity being restored

hi lads and lasses its tonya, it happened just outside of edmundbyre near derwent i cant really say much at the minute as some of the villagers may have an idea who it could have been and the wildlife

Posted Images

hi its tonya im assuring you that the ambulance service have this wrong and now i know i will get onto them today and get that changed

clear.gifclear.gifclear.gif
how's this Tonya?‏
clear.gifclear.gifclear.gifclear.gif
how's this Tonya?
To: tondup1969@hotmail.com
bluemanmxl.png
FRONT Page news
Head...Edmundbyers villagers helped man attacked while ferreting
A MAN from Chilton who was rabbitting with permission in Edmundbyers was left for dead after being attacked in a remote field.
Andrew Kelly, a member of the Ferret Rescue charity, was using his ferrets and his little dog to go rabbiting on farmland in the village when he was attacked from behind. He was unconcious for a while but managed to call his wife, Tonya, on his aged mobile phone.
Tonya said, “Whoever it was and for whatever reason we still don’t know but Andrew was cracked on the head and robbed of his money. When I answered the phone, he was crying with pain and shock.”
Tonya alerted the farmer who immediately formed a search party and found Andrew, who had also suffered a fractured colar bone and broken shoulder, was found after two and half hours. She kept him talking on the phone, asking him for his location or any landmarks he could see.
“The villagers were amazing, scouting around on quads and on foot. If they hadn’t found him in such a relatively short time, I hate to think what might have happened. The attackers left him for dead.”
When Andrew was found, he was in a difficult situation. The ambulance service asked that he be carried to the nearest road, which was three fields away and impossible. Eventually, a helicopter arrived and whisked him away to Carlisle Hospital where he was treated and sent home four hours later.
To add insult to injury, it was also his birthday that day!
Tonya and Andrew took the opportunity to express their deep gratitude to the villagers of Edmundbyers. “We are just so very grateful and extremely impressed at the kindness of the villagers who took the time to do this. The community there really pulled out all the stops and worked together to perhaps save Andrew’s life,” said Tonya.
If anyone has any information about this attack, please inform police by dialing 101.
that is a copy of the newspaper article that is getting released on 30th december

11407154_823617251050227_610772708715793

Durham Constabulary
39 mins ·

A man was left injured and shaken after an unprovoked assault.

The incident happened in Edmundbyers near Consett at around 1pm on Tuesday, December 8.

The victim, a local man in his 50s, was approached from behind by two men, struck on the head and knocked unconscious sustaining injuries to his arm as a result of the assault. He was transported by air to hospital and has since been discharged.

The first suspect is described as a white man, aged around 50, six feet tall and of muscular build with tattooed writing on his neck and a swallow tattoo on his hand. He was dressed in a camouflage jacket and was wearing a flat cap.

The second suspect is described as a white man, aged around 45, about five feet tall and of stocky build. He was described as scruffy in appearance and was wearing a wax jacket and had a tattoo on his lower neck near his collarbone.

The suspects had two lurcher dogs with them, one black in colour and one brindle.

PC Michael Rutherford said: “This was an unprovoked and nasty attack which not only left the victim injured but also very shaken.

“The attack took place on farm land on which the victim had been, with permission, hunting rabbits. When he came round after the attack, the rabbits that he had caught had been stolen. We would like to appeal to anyone with information that might help us trace those responsible to get in touch.”

Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Michael Rutherford from Durham Constabulary on 101, quoting reference SB1501517.

this has now been released by the police on the durham constabulary page today. we had been asked by police not to say anything till preliminary investigation had been released but now we can give descriptions as have been listed in the police report above.

andy is getting better every day and doing my head in as its due snow next week and he cant quite get out to get the bunnies......best wishes everyone and thank you all for the kind words and gifts

update............................police are interviewing a suspect tomorrow and andy will have to go and do a video identity parade. the person has been identified by an anonymous caller to the police. the money raised by the kind people on here has replaced his ferret finder and cameras, and other bits of ferreting gear that was taken so he is ready to go............................ and today, with a friend he has gone out ferreting, though my heart is in my mouth and im worried sick i know that he has to get back to something he enjoys thank you each and every one of you as without your kind donations we would have had a struggle over christmas all the best to each and every one of you tonya

Forrest Gump

• blank.gif

Sent 16 December 2015 - 02:50 PM

AndyKelly, on 16 Dec 2015 - 1:37 PM, said:

the binoculars arrived today and andy was elated thank you so very much.

You very welcome, it's at times like these when we all pull together as one.

What are the police saying about the assault on the other person?? Was it a walker or someone ferreting again??? Maybe it's anti's dishing out their justice????

AndyKelly

Mega Hunter

• photo-65029.jpg?_r=1453817883
  • Donator
  • donny.gif
  • 456 posts
  • en.gif

Sent 16 December 2015 - 04:04 PM

hi all we no is it was two men in a white car this time but they had guns and had a go and attacked the gamekeeper, the police are releasing exactly what happened at the neighborhood pact meeting tonight and one of the villagers is going to update me when he finds out what is going on derwent is not a safe place for lone ferreters,gamekeepers at the minute and its shocking that people cant go out and enjoy the countryside without feeling threatened. they think its poachers not antis but then again i really dont know

i hope the police do get their fingers out as it has been passed to the wildlife crime unit that deals with all aspects of countryside issues and they have a better idea of whats going on than the regular force that seem clueless on country ways , its not right thats some idiots are spoiling the enjoyment of others for no reason

as some of you know already my partner andy kelly was attacked by 2 mindless thugs whilst out rabbiting on tuesday in the derwent area and left unconscious and for dead in a field.it took the local villager 2 and a half hours to find him then he was airlifted in the air ambulance to carlisle infirmary and a long taxi ride home he was returned to me with a collarbone fractured in 4 places and a broken arm, traumatized with nightmares and determined not to give up rabbiting.

Triage report.

Injured his arm. No mention of head or collar bone injuries.

20151222_02_zpsykfrtbwj.jpg

He has defiantly bruised his arm, but does this look like a man who has been beaten unconscious and left for dead? The photo was taken 5 days after the alleged attack?

20151213_02_zpsrpdilw06.jpg

As I said before, make your own minds up. But I know what I and many others think. There is more I could say but will leave that up to others to do so if they so wish.

TC

Were did you get that report tc?

Funny how the air ambulance crew that treated him are adamant that he had no other injuries other than the injury to his upper right arm. No broken collarbone or head injury. They did their own investigation after Tonya called them to get the story removed.

• Like 1

I have known Andy and Tonya for a long time,- and i had hoped to back them up, but as try as i could i find something is wrong here. Perhaps it was a tale that got out of hand but, as i find,-

When i spoke to Tonya a few nights ago, she said
When she got the call from Andy, she phoned a keeper, who went out on a quad, to find Andy, although she says they had a good idea where Andy was. She also text the farmer who was away at the time, and he sent someone else out. She says Andy had fell into a ditch and partly under a wall ( i presume after the "attack" ). The ambulance had wanted him carried to a road, but she says those who found Andy took it upon themselves to call the air-ambulance.
She says there is a second page to his medical, that states a fracture to upper right humerus. We knew that anyway, but no head injury. Look on the hospital admission report,- upper right arm injury only. A head injury would have priority.
The parts i was going to raise are,
About 6 days after it happened, the farmer knew of Andy being hurt and air-lifted out, but said he did not know of any attack. Nor did the farmers mother who said she was in the village everyday, and no-one there had ever mentioned any attack.
No one in the village pub knew anything of any attack, staff or patrons.
He is said to have had a head injury, knocked unconscious. Got a broken collar-bone in four places, and broken arm. Robbed of money and binoculars, and his rabbits. It is the Wildlife police dealing with this.
The air-ambulance insist his only injury was a suspected broken arm, and NO other injury, and they will not change that. The woman at the air-ambulance spoke to the Helicopter crew to confirm the exact injuries and they said categorically no injuries to any part of the body other than upper right arm, and no loss of conciousness.
Treated at Carlisle hospital, and home four hours later, by taxi,- a very long taxi ride back home, with "those injury's".
Photo shows only bruising to upper right arm, no bruising to the right collar bone, holding that terrier with a shattered left collar bone?????
Andy was out ferreting 5 weeks later. !!
Tonya says details are not being released to the press, till 30th December to give police time to do enquiries, but she put it in The Hunting Life, on 16th December. The "press" is not any regional paper, its The Weardale Gazette, a community paper, only printed every two weeks, that's why it had to wait to the 30th. Anete the editor knows Tonya. I wondered why that paper, and not regional press.
What enquiries are the police doing, no-one in Edmondbyers even knew of it happening.
Saying the Edmondbyers community really pulled out all the stops to work together to save Andy's life. I could not find "community" knew of it.
The odd thing , the police only mention rabbits being stolen. Tonya says she didnt get a chance to go to the farm to see what was missing until after christmas, the dogs and ferrets got back ok though.
Its pointless to say read the report, in the Countrymans weekly, its not an independent report, it was dictated by Tonya.
Its difficult to write this but i think i had no choice now

• Like 2

Maybe it's the air ambulance crew or their press officer that want his permission, the farmer and his mother that knew nothing of this attack and were under the impression that he fell and hurry his arm, maybe they want his net making business :laugh:

• Like 1

Could it possibly be, that he thinks that the Face book members do not use this forum, and those that do he can block, so he just gets his side of the fairytale over without contradiction?

TC