Hunting Life Member Attacked.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thank you all for your kind words its andys wife tonya, he is on the mend though still in pain and having nightmares about the attack so the nights are long and seem to have extra hours in them! but w

a message from andy..........i am am overwhelmed by the kind responses and gifts you have sent for me for my recovery, a bleak beginning to last week has ended with my faith in humanity being restored

hi lads and lasses its tonya, it happened just outside of edmundbyre near derwent i cant really say much at the minute as some of the villagers may have an idea who it could have been and the wildlife

Posted Images

Out ferriting or bird watching with there new toys what members have very kindly donated Rex I would think..

Least it shut labtastic up ..

Probs mate the binoculars me and another member chipped in for. Bet he's laughing his head off with all the binoculars he's got nar
  • Like 2

Out ferriting or bird watching with there new toys what members have very kindly donated Rex I would think..

Probs mate the binoculars me and another member chipped in for. Bet he's laughing his head off with all the binoculars he's got nar

least he can see you coming :laugh:

• Like 6

How much were they mate? Btw I broke a nail at work yesterday so any donations would be appreciated ??

• Like 1

Certainly would of been an.interesting conversation between Andy and Tonya over breakfast this morning.

Some people just ain't wired right, to let it all go ahead and take the money then that tells me there's no shame there so can't see them feeling too guilty about it, maybe he broke his binos during his fall, sure someone on here would have still replaced them if they had told the truth

• Like 3

Looking at the triage report I can even workout when he decided to come up with the attacked story. It was in the air ambulance or when he was waiting to be seen by triage. Up until he got in the air ambulance it was a fall and that was it. But when he sees triage he told them he had been hit with a blunt instrument.

Perhaps because he had used the air ambulance he felt that because of the minor injury it was a waste of their time, so made up the story of being hit to make it seem a bit more dramatic, and it snowballed from there? I honestly cannot believe that he set out to con anyone, but he / she did make the decision to capitalise on peoples generosity,

TC

• Like 2

I have known Andy and Tonya for a long time,- and i had hoped to back them up, but as try as i could i find something is wrong here. Perhaps it was a tale that got out of hand but, as i find,-

When i spoke to Tonya a few nights ago, she said

When she got the call from Andy, she phoned a keeper, who went out on a quad, to find Andy, although she says they had a good idea where Andy was. She also text the farmer who was away at the time, and he sent someone else out. She says Andy had fell into a ditch and partly under a wall ( i presume after the "attack" ). The ambulance had wanted him carried to a road, but she says those who found Andy took it upon themselves to call the air-ambulance.

She says there is a second page to his medical, that states a fracture to upper right humerus. We knew that anyway, but no head injury. Look on the hospital admission report,- upper right arm injury only. A head injury would have priority.

The parts i was going to raise are,

About 6 days after it happened, the farmer knew of Andy being hurt and air-lifted out, but said he did not know of any attack. Nor did the farmers mother who said she was in the village everyday, and no-one there had ever mentioned any attack.

No one in the village pub knew anything of any attack, staff or patrons.

He is said to have had a head injury, knocked unconscious. Got a broken collar-bone in four places, and broken arm. Robbed of money and binoculars, and his rabbits. It is the Wildlife police dealing with this.

The air-ambulance insist his only injury was a suspected broken arm, and NO other injury, and they will not change that. The woman at the air-ambulance spoke to the Helicopter crew to confirm the exact injuries and they said categorically no injuries to any part of the body other than upper right arm, and no loss of conciousness.

Treated at Carlisle hospital, and home four hours later, by taxi,- a very long taxi ride back home, with "those injury's".

Photo shows only bruising to upper right arm, no bruising to the right collar bone, holding that terrier with a shattered left collar bone?????

Andy was out ferreting 5 weeks later. !!

Tonya says details are not being released to the press, till 30th December to give police time to do enquiries, but she put it in The Hunting Life, on 16th December. The "press" is not any regional paper, its The Weardale Gazette, a community paper, only printed every two weeks, that's why it had to wait to the 30th. Anete the editor knows Tonya. I wondered why that paper, and not regional press.

What enquiries are the police doing, no-one in Edmondbyers even knew of it happening.

Saying the Edmondbyers community really pulled out all the stops to work together to save Andy's life. I could not find "community" knew of it.

The odd thing , the police only mention rabbits being stolen. Tonya says she didnt get a chance to go to the farm to see what was missing until after christmas, the dogs and ferrets got back ok though.

Its pointless to say read the report, in the Countrymans weekly, its not an independent report, it was dictated by Tonya.

Its difficult to write this but i think i had no choice now

I worked on the estate as a gamekeeper for 6 years where this happened and still keep in touch with the keepers and locals in edmundbyers on a regular basis. None of the locals have mentioned it and I can asure you that 1 of the keepers wasn't atacked at gun point! The bit about a gamekeeper going out on a quad to look for him is an absolute lie! Looks like these pair are at it! Theres a couple of farmers that it could be that gave him permission, all of which I know very well, would love to find out which 1 so I could ask him personally!

How much were they mate? Btw I broke a nail at work yesterday so any donations would be appreciated

£40/£45 mate