John Park terriers

This is just my opinion , but I think if it wasn't for the bull added into terriers in the past there would be no patterdales (choc/black), they hid the fact bull was added back then as they do now, some fellas get a bit too protective over their stuff.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Things have moved on abit since this thread, started , John added a drop off bull , and i've talked to few different people who have told me they believed Breay gave a few his Border hybrids to a game

This is just my opinion , but I think if it wasn't for the bull added into terriers in the past there would be no patterdales (choc/black), they hid the fact bull was added back then as they do now, s

There used to be some tiny working Stafford types about, smaller than many Patterdales that are around these days 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

There used to be some tiny working Stafford types about, smaller than many Patterdales that are around these days 

alot of the pit blood used would of predated the staff , but your right somewhere small, lot of people are thinking  about the wrong pit , and what the dogs were used for 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Apache... said:

I wonder what first cross bull do lads prefer, I've had first cross bull lakey, bull Russell, bull fell and bull pat, but never a bull border, yet!!!

Best I ever had was pitbull  x plummer -came like a small pit (others threw to the terrier side, one came out like a whippet ).

On Friday, October 12, 2018 at 12:01, ROM1 said:

Ye your right the dog was born a long time ago his dame was a bitch called Meghan. I know how he was bred was just interested to know how the Ted dog worked.

didnt a lot of old timers who bred bulls or terriers look on putty nose pups as week and pts at birth

Used to be a similar tale about blue greyhounds -I.a put them in a bucket before they break your heart..I've trained  dogs that make me believe there's a bit of truth in it but the most honest dog I put a lead on was also blue. 

eastcoast in the Black Country there was a lot of small bred staffords that was used for digging a few years ago & did the job well   It was not uncommon  for lads to put old fashion type russell dogs to the bitches throwing ugly feckers but workers atb Flacko 

• Like 1

Some lads well old men like me now, added a nice line of small black staff to there smithy/ Spartacus bred stuff late 80's early 90s think one went to the USA , that blood is in a few families of terriers now 

Edited by Glyn.....