Jump to content
lambro1966

John Park terriers

Recommended Posts

the dog on the left is park blood dog.

 

nice old pic shame we cant turn back time eh mate lost my old one on sat

post-38383-1252594623_thumb.jpgthis bitch is parks line and is a great worker she is in pup 2 a dog that is parks/cown bread dog and a hard worker..

Share this post


Link to post

Guest hunterside
the dog on the left is park blood dog.

Looks like its got big teeth :clapper:

all the more to bite with lol ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Guest hunterside
the dog on the left is park blood dog.

 

nice old pic shame we cant turn back time eh mate lost my old one on sat

they dont last for ever as you know :( when you or if you breed again put a little thought in to what you want .

Share this post


Link to post

Old thread but does anyone know of a red dog called Ted was sire  to a friends dog bred by the fireman just before he was killed on the road, apparently Ted was to go to Australia.

Share this post


Link to post

Things have moved on abit since this thread, started , John added a drop off bull , and i've talked to few different people who have told me they believed Breay gave a few his Border hybrids to a gamekeeper who mated his putty nosed choc pit on to them and Breay had pups from this mating and gave rise to the smooth coated reds and chocs as well as the blacks , maybe John knew this and his breeding program was based on what he knew had worked before , i'm still hassling to find out more ....i did ask John years ago , but all he wanted to talk about was that f***ing radio lol  

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

Things have moved on abit since this thread, started , John added a drop off bull , and i've talked to few different people who have told me they believed Breay gave a few his Border hybrids to a gamekeeper who mated his putty nosed choc pit on to them and Breay had pups from this mating and gave rise to the smooth coated reds and chocs as well as the blacks , maybe John knew this and his breeding program was based on what he knew had worked before , i'm still hassling to find out more ....i did ask John years ago , but all he wanted to talk about was that f***ing radio lol  

I'm pretty sure i read that Cyril Breay and Frank Buck said they didn't use any pit blood.I don't know at all but read your posts and know you know what you are talking about.

So Breay did use pit blood?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Mr. Mxyzptlk said:

I'm pretty sure i read that Cyril Breay and Frank Buck said they didn't use any pit blood.I don't know at all but read your posts and know you know what you are talking about.

So Breay did use pit blood?

someone did looking at the patterdales nowadays, mini staffs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Mr. Mxyzptlk said:

I'm pretty sure i read that Cyril Breay and Frank Buck said they didn't use any pit blood.I don't know at all but read your posts and know you know what you are talking about.

So Breay did use pit blood?

technically Breay never used a pitbull on his bitches,  and now 60 maybe even 70 years later the information i've built up is at best 2nd hand and then its down to my  interpretation   of that information , i only have to look at them i know what i think :) 

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 09/10/2018 at 02:48, Glyn..... said:

technically Breay never used a pitbull on his bitches,  and now 60 maybe even 70 years later the information i've built up is at best 2nd hand and then its down to my  interpretation   of that information , i only have to look at them i know what i think :) 

Thats what i thought but i aint no exoert but just lookin at pix

Share this post


Link to post

How else did smooth coated bull headed dogs like Rusty and kipper suddenly appear in a strain that had previously been Rough coated fell types?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 08/10/2018 at 19:43, Glyn..... said:

Things have moved on abit since this thread, 

Ye your right the dog was born a long time ago his dame was a bitch called Meghan. I know how he was bred was just interested to know how the Ted dog worked.

didnt a lot of old timers who bred bulls or terriers look on putty nose pups as week and pts at birth

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ROM1 said:

Ye your right the dog was born a long time ago his dame was a bitch called Meghan. I know how he was bred was just interested to know how the Ted dog worked.

didnt a lot of old timers who bred bulls or terriers look on putty nose pups as week and pts at birth

yes some did say this  false trails i think !, JP told me this which i found odd at the time as his stuff was bred off Breays Bingo and Tig{choc} , double bred Davey who's dam line carried the choc colour and from what i've been told the pit blood , they used to say they did the same with terriers carrying white feet , they were either taking the piss out of tourist or a case of do as i say not as i do :)                  

Edited by Glyn.....

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×