John Park terriers

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Things have moved on abit since this thread, started , John added a drop off bull , and i've talked to few different people who have told me they believed Breay gave a few his Border hybrids to a game

This is just my opinion , but I think if it wasn't for the bull added into terriers in the past there would be no patterdales (choc/black), they hid the fact bull was added back then as they do now, s

There used to be some tiny working Stafford types about, smaller than many Patterdales that are around these days 

Posted Images

Guest hunterside
the dog on the left is park blood dog.

nice old pic shame we cant turn back time eh mate lost my old one on sat

they dont last for ever as you know :( when you or if you breed again put a little thought in to what you want .

• 9 years later...

Things have moved on abit since this thread, started , John added a drop off bull , and i've talked to few different people who have told me they believed Breay gave a few his Border hybrids to a gamekeeper who mated his putty nosed choc pit on to them and Breay had pups from this mating and gave rise to the smooth coated reds and chocs as well as the blacks , maybe John knew this and his breeding program was based on what he knew had worked before , i'm still hassling to find out more ....i did ask John years ago , but all he wanted to talk about was that f***ing radio lol  

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 11
4 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

Things have moved on abit since this thread, started , John added a drop off bull , and i've talked to few different people who have told me they believed Breay gave a few his Border hybrids to a gamekeeper who mated his putty nosed choc pit on to them and Breay had pups from this mating and gave rise to the smooth coated reds and chocs as well as the blacks , maybe John knew this and his breeding program was based on what he knew had worked before , i'm still hassling to find out more ....i did ask John years ago , but all he wanted to talk about was that f***ing radio lol  

I'm pretty sure i read that Cyril Breay and Frank Buck said they didn't use any pit blood.I don't know at all but read your posts and know you know what you are talking about.

So Breay did use pit blood?

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Mr. Mxyzptlk said:

I'm pretty sure i read that Cyril Breay and Frank Buck said they didn't use any pit blood.I don't know at all but read your posts and know you know what you are talking about.

someone did looking at the patterdales nowadays, mini staffs.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Mr. Mxyzptlk said:

technically Breay never used a pitbull on his bitches,  and now 60 maybe even 70 years later the information i've built up is at best 2nd hand and then its down to my  interpretation   of that information , i only have to look at them i know what i think :) 

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 2
On 09/10/2018 at 02:48, Glyn..... said:

technically Breay never used a pitbull on his bitches,  and now 60 maybe even 70 years later the information i've built up is at best 2nd hand and then its down to my  interpretation   of that information , i only have to look at them i know what i think :) 

Thats what i thought but i aint no exoert but just lookin at pix

On 08/10/2018 at 19:43, Glyn..... said:

Things have moved on abit since this thread, 

Ye your right the dog was born a long time ago his dame was a bitch called Meghan. I know how he was bred was just interested to know how the Ted dog worked.

didnt a lot of old timers who bred bulls or terriers look on putty nose pups as week and pts at birth

1 hour ago, ROM1 said:

Ye your right the dog was born a long time ago his dame was a bitch called Meghan. I know how he was bred was just interested to know how the Ted dog worked.

didnt a lot of old timers who bred bulls or terriers look on putty nose pups as week and pts at birth

yes some did say this  false trails i think !, JP told me this which i found odd at the time as his stuff was bred off Breays Bingo and Tig{choc} , double bred Davey who's dam line carried the choc colour and from what i've been told the pit blood , they used to say they did the same with terriers carrying white feet , they were either taking the piss out of tourist or a case of do as i say not as i do :)                  

Edited by Glyn.....