There She Blows

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IT MAY BE THE LAST NIGHT FOR A BIT,,THERES GOING TO BE A DIP IN THE TEMPS AND LAC OF WIND...THESE TRIPS ARE GETTING EARLIER...LOL SET OFF AT 2 YESDERDAY AFTERNOON,,,I WAS LAMPING FOR 25 PAST 5,,,ADD

ive started putting a coat on the dog tomo,,,I can have the window right down keeping me a wake on the later trips,,,,,the last thing you want his a dog cold in the back after hits bin at boiling poi

Jim you catch more rabbits than ANYONE i have heard of or seen of on here,how you prepare a dog for such a workload and care for it after a hard night is testament to your knowledge of working dogs..s

Do you run the dog with its coat on Jim , mine don't mind one little bit like but a really good perfect night for me is way way too much for some (sorry Gaz ) our blade has a wax coat which keep him warm on the really wet blustery nights he's really thin furred like a whippet but he is crossed with one lol

Does it have a number on mate? is it worth a bet?
Lucky number seven fella

NO MATE I PUT IT ON WHEN I TRAVEL BACK SOME TIMES,, I HAVE THE WINDOWS DOWN IN THE CAR TO KEEP ME A WAKE..LOL, I DONT WANT THE DOG TO COME FROM BOILING POINT TO COLD,,,,,ITS NOT GOOD FOR MAN OR BEAST,,LOL

how come marathon runners sit in an ice bath after a long run

They do that after cooling down properly. You'll notice when they cross the finish line they're wrapped in one of those silver rescue blankets straight away, cooling down properly is just as important as warming up :yes:

Jim you catch more rabbits than ANYONE i have heard of or seen of on here,how you prepare a dog for such a workload and care for it after a hard night is testament to your knowledge of working dogs..so by rubbing the dog down,jacketing it up etc after lamping is definitely beneficial to the dog..as for an ice bath lol,no benefit to a working dog..a dog needs its muscles warmed up pre running and post running,thats why we have muscle rubs,liniment,heat lamps etc oh AND jackets lol..i honestly thought this was all common sense? Don't change what ain't broke Jim lol,just stick to what you've always done ?

• Like 4

any way andy,,fook the dogs lol what about us,,lol jokeing a side beleave me I have add back.problems bad, all summer add a mri scan , and I was thinking the worst, I was curled up in a ball some days,,the only way I could get no pain,,,has the summer come to a end and the temps dropped and my body temp drops more when im piss wet cold when lanping,,,me back prob has all most gone,BUT when I went on holiday the other week high temps me come back again,,, im hopeing to get some cold on me back tomorrow...no rain in Cumbria I hope,,,

Edited by tjones3862

any way andy,,fook the dogs lol what about us,,lol jokeing a side beleave me I have add back.problems bad, all summer add a mri scan , and I was thinking the worst, I was curled up in a ball some days,,the only way I could get no pain,,,has the summer come to a end and the temps dropped and my body temp drops more when im piss wet cold when lanping,,,me back prob has all most gone,BUT when I went on holiday the other week high temps me come back again,,, im hopeing to get some cold on me back tomorrow...no rain in Cumbria I hope,,,

you need an ice bath lkl