Another Plummer

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Money in terriers is always going to be a point to argue over. Iv only ever paid money for 1 dog and that was a plummer. Because I wanted to try one and I didn't know anyone that had them. But ever

Im only winding you up pal luke you did with fireman I must say you bit a lot harder on an empty hook than fireman did pmsl and there's a saying were im from,if you can't take it don't give it atb wit

This hunting life is becoming an absolute shambles,bitching over the price of a terrier,if you don't like the price look else where.My pal has just paid over a grand for a French Bulldog for his missu

Cargol......Spot on mate .

Keith .....you have admitted you never pts which to me speaks volumes about the way you and your clique regard the working abilities of your wards but only my opinion .Instead of throwing it all back ,blaming egos and whatever ,look at the bigger picture within your chosen breed and ask yourself if would better without the price tag .

Just for the record mate ,ive given plenty of pups to strangers who are now mates .

FD what click are we talking about here,you make judgement on folk you know nothing about.Iv'e never put to sleep because ive never had too[well not fore being a failure any ways] i'm not a breeder so don't have to worry my little head about surplice pups.And if one of my dogs didn't make the grade it would be re homed,as that dog would of bin with me a couple of seasons before deemed a failure, and would be part of the family,as all my dogs are treat that way.What exactly am i throwing back FD you said quite openly in a previous post saying this site was full of wankers ,know it alls ect,and i agree.I personally don't worry about the price tag as it's always going to be there .But do i think £300 is to much to pay for a well bred terrier of any breeding,my answer would be no,But that's just my opinion.Look at the price tags on your fashionable little pooches three maybe four times that of a Plummer ,Border or whatever.You should always beware of gifting to strangers FD AS you well know,you could get shafted as you did yourself not so long ago of a couple lads concerning your dogs.iv'e bred five litters of pups over the years gifted all but two,but would of had no problem selling them either.so i bid you good day FD ,and wish you the very best over the season of good will, atb keith j.

• Like 1

:hmm:Few years ago,.me and Mike the Dog had a trip to Oxford,...we met up with a handfull of THL members ...One of the lads, had just been 'up country' and purchased a Plummer Terrier puppy...it was a Brindle ! Really liked the pup,...nice plump youngster,..bold, friendly and in my mind, was ideal for the task of a roustabout moucher's tyke.

Always liked the look of them,...and as a rabbiter myself,..always fancied owning such a handsome wee bush buster...Doubt I ever will,..(I just couldn't do it,.. :laugh: ) but,.in common with the situation, regarding top prices for running dogs,..it really is up to the buyer and the seller, what the cost of a pup should be, could be and ultimately , will be :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 2

:hmm:Few years ago,.me and Mike the Dog had a trip to Oxford,...we met up with a handfull of THL members ...

It was emotional... :laugh:

One of the lads, had just been 'up country' and purchased a Plummer Terrier puppy...it was a Brindle !

Really liked the pup,...nice plump youngster,..bold, friendly and in my mind, was ideal for the task of a roustabout moucher's tyke.

I've followed the progress of these most beautiful wee canines, since their conception.... :yes:

Always liked the look of them,...and as a rabbiter myself,..always fancied owning such a handsome wee bush buster...

Doubt I ever will,..(I just couldn't do it,.. :laugh: ) but,.in common with the situation, regarding top prices for running dogs,..it really is up to the buyer and the seller, what the cost of a pup should be, could be and ultimately , will be :thumbs:

Phil,if ever you want a pup just let me know,you can gladly take one,they would suite your "mouching" style very well,I think you would be impressed by their work rate,they never switch off whilst out and prefer to walk in hedge bottoms than by your side,WM

• Like 1

I have a bit of history with plummers going back many many years..and enjoyed owning them..

But.....

I witnessed substandard, unworked, plummers being bred from, more than any other terrier types.

I personally think the breed type was fixed by mass breeding ( between 10-20 years ago ) by certain breeders

The old saying "worker to worker " never came in to it.

We're I see things still going wrong with plummers is the selling, giving away, re homing of FAILED, unwanted adults..

The above should be put to sleep.

These words may seem harsh.but it's the only way to take the breed forward.

• Like 5

We're I see things still going wrong with plummers is the selling, giving away, re homing of FAILED, unwanted adults..

Some workers have been rehomed on the basis of back breeding - yes their pedigree - I had a cracking bitch sent here because she didnt fit into breeding plans - she was great mooching, bushing and had to be held back from entering as she was unproven and its not my sport now - dogs are often sold on from pet homes unvetted - I have even seen five year old dogs advertised for 350 and another 10 yr old bitch - yes TEN YEAR OLD for 350 to a 'good' home only - the breed is so inbred now that anything without a pedigree is not only worthless but a potential life long vet bill - worker to worker stuff can only be more so - yet the prices are insane - and bar a very few breeders I know are willing to outcross to olde lines or even another breed - there are lines in Ireland apparently all working above and below - no one in England is interested.

Edited by HGN
  • Like 2

Some workers have been rehomed on the basis of back breeding - yes their pedigree - I had a cracking bitch sent here because she didnt fit into breeding plans - she was great mooching, bushing and had to be held back from entering as she was unproven and its not my sport now - dogs are often sold on from pet homes unvetted - I have even seen five year old dogs advertised for 350 and another 10 yr old bitch - yes TEN YEAR OLD for 350 to a 'good' home only - the breed is so inbred now that anything without a pedigree is not only worthless but a potential life long vet bill - worker to worker stuff can only be more so - yet the prices are insane - and bar a very few breeders I know are willing to outcross to olde lines or even another breed - there are lines in Ireland apparently all working above and below - no one in England is interested.

That's because a lot of the tight feckers won't pay to travel for the right dogs,selective breeding is diying out over here to because they can get a cheaper line closer to home but don't think of the outcome behind it.if you breed shit you get shit look at a lot of the plummers now they are getting to the height of whippets.they were never that high but you get them saying they are plummers.i just stand and laugh when I judge a few shows and they say I have the paper work to. Edited by lurchers
  • Like 2

That's because a lot of the tight feckers won't pay to travel for the right dogs,selective breeding is diying out over here to because they can get a cheaper line closer to home but don't think of the outcome behind it.if you breed shit you get shit look at a lot of the plummers now they are getting to the height of whippets.they were never that high but you get them saying they are plummers.i just stand and laugh when I judge a few shows and they say I have the paper work to.

We had a bitch sent here by a breeder to be mated to a dog he got shot of - my friend and I had the two pups from the first mating - both nervous - the dog nervous aggressive and with one ball - the bitch nervous submissive came on nigh 17" - the English breeder was delighted LOL and has used the half brother as a stud to everything he can find - charging a stud fee and selling pups for as much as he can get with papers he provides along with closed shows to his breeding - thankfully we have had other lines of Plummers bought in working, healthy and of good nature

That's because a lot of the tight feckers won't pay to travel for the right dogs,selective breeding is diying out over here to because they can get a cheaper line closer to home but don't think of the outcome behind it.if you breed shit you get shit look at a lot of the plummers now they are getting to the height of whippets.they were never that high but you get them saying they are plummers.i just stand and laugh when I judge a few shows and they say I have the paper work to.

We had a bitch sent here by a breeder to be mated to a dog he got shot of - my friend and I had the two pups from the first mating - both nervous - the dog nervous aggressive and with one ball - the bitch nervous submissive came on nigh 17" - the English breeder was delighted LOL and has used the half brother as a stud to everything he can find - charging a stud fee and selling pups for as much as he can get with papers he provides along with closed shows to his breeding - thankfully we have had other lines of Plummers bought in working, healthy and of good nature

Would that be that prick the horn blower by any chance HGN.If so the most dishonest full of shit man iv,e yet to meet,would like to say more but i'll save that for a rainy day.

The organised clubs and societies have been the ruination of what would of been a handy little terrier and also the reason I have always bred from the sire or bitch I require to fit my own "jigsaw",outcrossing to the right dog brings many benefits into a breed and has to be done with careful consideration as you not only import the "good" genes you're after but any "bad" ones as well,I once bred a bitch to 5 different stud dogs in her lifetime to finally achieve the desired progeny,the biggest setback to this breed was the influx of "bull blood",a good red patt or fell terrier with a nice short tight coat would of retained the digging qualities as well as improving its physical stature, since 1979 I have bred every type of cross from a plummer,I've crossed them with russells,patts,fells,etc just for hard digging and some litters were worked very hard on all quarry,95% of the Plummers being bred by women and city folk from the respective clubs only see a field when attending a show and thats where the problems lie,they speak down to anyone whose terriers aren't registered with an arrogant air that gains them no friends in the real world, when I knew Plummer he crossed anything into his dogs if he thought it would bring a positive outcome and I've always done the same, the people who took charge when Brian had his first big illness have done more to set the breed back than anyone and most could not agree on the colour of sh*te,

HGN,you could not wait to get into bed with the very clubs you are now knocking,in your very short time associating with Plummers you have rubbed shoulders with the men and women that could make the difference to the majority of the health problems in the recognised clubs,making any changes in the P.T.A. or the E.P.T.S will never happen whilst the same old people are in charge, the P.T.C.G.B were trying hard to make a difference a year or 2 ago but whilst everything they do remains in a tight "clique" the appeal of this little terrier will always suffer,especially amongst ordinary terrier men,a good press officer is whats required to make a difference,someone that will keep everyone informed not just a tight group, I know this won't happen though because one club is always watching what the other says and they all seem to have different ideas as to what constitutes a working terrier,you though are lucky enough to be able to start again being in Ireland,its your chance to run a clean line without the over influence from the said clubs, I had a lot of calls for pups from Ireland so there is a call for decent clean stock. I don't understand your above post in any way at all and consider it so far from the truth thats its laughable,I can only think you were pissed when you wrote it,I breed worker/worker and have never produced either a fault or any unhealthy pups,the only time my vet sees me is to dock and dew claw a litter,on a closing note may I say that the clubs are only that and have no power or influence unless done so by its members,anyone can start a club and call it what they like,fancy club names are just that and have no recognition by either the K.C or anyone else for that matter,these things are only about control and power,WM

• Like 2