Another Plummer

I think half the problem with plummers are the people that keep them. Given the chance most would make decent enough dogs for earth work. Not out and out digging dogs by any means but able to work a fox as well as your average Russel.

A mate of mine keens a good line. All remlap stuff but I would now call them his own line as he has put the work into them to keep them producing workers.

Iv only dug to the pure stuff. ie not the shit from the last out cross when more bull was added. And I can't fault them for what they do.

Iv said it before, I wouldn't want a kennel full. And they are not my cup of tea because I prefer a proper digging dog.

But they do for some lads. Just got to avoid the dreamers who plague the breed.

could you please tell me what you consider to be a proper digging dog?would you base your comment on ability or are you talking about a particular type.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Money in terriers is always going to be a point to argue over. Iv only ever paid money for 1 dog and that was a plummer. Because I wanted to try one and I didn't know anyone that had them. But ever

Im only winding you up pal luke you did with fireman I must say you bit a lot harder on an empty hook than fireman did pmsl and there's a saying were im from,if you can't take it don't give it atb wit

This hunting life is becoming an absolute shambles,bitching over the price of a terrier,if you don't like the price look else where.My pal has just paid over a grand for a French Bulldog for his missu

I don't get that Cargol? A dog is either a decent one or not regardless of type or breed surely. If it fits in, it is the right type and if it does the job when it does,it has the ability.

What is the definition of a "proper" digging dog as opposed to a Plummer?

• Like 1

Remlap line were all from my stuff Fireman. There are still one or two about and doing the job. Another good line been blended with them. ;)

Good to hear there's a few about still and did knew they were from your stuff stormyboy :thumbs: but felt it not my place to bring your name into it as we all know how plummer threads can go eh :laugh: ..

Thinks it's nearly time for me to be looking for a young un to replace the old girl here as it goes and a relamp bred plummer would be up there for my choice out of them :yes: ...

Is there any pics you have to put on for us to see fireman

I think half the problem with plummers are the people that keep them. Given the chance most would make decent enough dogs for earth work. Not out and out digging dogs by any means but able to work a fox as well as your average Russel.

A mate of mine keens a good line. All remlap stuff but I would now call them his own line as he has put the work into them to keep them producing workers.

Iv only dug to the pure stuff. ie not the shit from the last out cross when more bull was added. And I can't fault them for what they do.

Iv said it before, I wouldn't want a kennel full. And they are not my cup of tea because I prefer a proper digging dog.

But they do for some lads. Just got to avoid the dreamers who plague the breed.

ive seen one from the oc stuff to ground a few times and it done what was expected of it. why whould you say they are shite if you havnt seen one dug to. genuine question. ? i wouldnt slate anything i hadnt seen work with my own eye's. good little allrounders plummers. from working stock of course

• Like 1

What I meant was I don't think there was any need to add further bull blood. Iv seen a fair few new blood dogs, just never working. And some were more interested in killing the other terriers then anything else going on around them.

Like iv said iv dug to a plummer. Several times. Im not knocking the breed. Quite the opposite. I was trying to stick up for them. Because as said in the right hands and given regular earth work I'm sure they would excel. But most will never get the opportunity. And they will always be laughed at by digging lads and thought of as nothing more then ratting terriers that people charge £350 400 a pup for.

I don't have any now. For several reasons.

• Like 4

What I meant was I don't think there was any need to add further bull blood. Iv seen a fair few new blood dogs, just never working. And some were more interested in killing the other terriers then anything else going on around them.

Like iv said iv dug to a plummer. Several times. Im not knocking the breed. Quite the opposite. I was trying to stick up for them. Because as said in the right hands and given regular earth work I'm sure they would excel. But most will never get the opportunity. And they will always be laughed at by digging lads and thought of as nothing more then ratting terriers that people charge £350 400 a pup for.

I don't have any now. For several reasons.

Thats why I asked the question Cargol. Your statement about "proper digging" terriers as opposed to Plummers is the way most think, and most that have never seen one work at that. But your last post hits it bang on the head. :yes:

• Like 1

Only seen one, that was half patt/ looked like plummer, bitch was spayed young, boy who had her didn't start her till she was well past 2 yr old,pet off his mother, gave it a rat and over the next few yrs dug into the hundreds with her not puppy places or green game,she died in the ground,not everyone's cup of tea,she had her faults,most dogs do if your honest, fairplay to little pip, I would of fed her,she always got the job done.atb dc

• Like 1