Rough Or Smooth Coated.

Smooth is easier to keep clean and find ticks early.

not if you run your hands over the dog daily. I give my dog a rub down every day, especially before lamping and check feet before and after lamping. I also brush him out once a week along with nail clipping routinely.

So just depends what your like I suppose.

Just to add, my rough dog does smell, but Iv had smooth coat dogs smell near enough as much, one oatterdale I had absolutely stunk and I do give them wash down time to time.

You`re a hell of a lad :whistling:

why am I hell of a lad?

I found with the beardy x grey i had was a nice looking dog. When out on the lamp with him was a nightmare if it was raining !!! He would be wet for the night and that extra weight with the wet coat would slown him down alot !! He also f***ing stunk !

• Like 1

Mines a real smooth haired dog but its more like a mole skin in apperance and feel. Has anyone else seen this? It turns water and he never looks cold. But i do like scruffy rough haired dogs not fussed either way tbh aslong as they do the job.

my current dog is rough coated but doesnt have a thick coat on him and is worst dog ive ever had for ripping holes in himself

if he was smooth coated he'd look like a jigsaw puzzle... from now on im gonna try and stick with dogs with a thick double coat on them