Should Night Vision And Thermal Imaging Been Banned From Hunting

Well I hunt in nothing more than a loin cloth with a my wits and bare hands as weapons........... I only consider it hunting though if I've exposed myself to 3 months of arctic winter first. Anything less is just unethical murder! I mean, fancy using another animal to kill for you! Or god forbid one of those bang stick contraptions! I look down on all of you townie 'hunters'!

:tongue2::D:whistling:

Lets not lie, shooting rabbits or foxes with N.V is childs play.

I'm not, and I agree. Though I still think lamping is easier. But this holier than thou attitude that I'm reading is f***ing laughable. Sporting ethics are totally subjective.

I've used NV, thermal, lamps, rifles, shotguns, run lurchers on a variety of quarry, dug terriers, bushed with them, snared, trapped, followed hounds on foot in lowlands and the fells, shot driven birds, walked up, roosted, fished and ferreted. If I thought I could have a go at something new then I have tried and fecking well enjoyed it! I'm not a master at feck all but I'm not a snob either. And despite what some claim, there are times when even in the pursuit of sport I have had to carry out pest control, not in some thinly veiled guise but as a means to an end.

• Like 2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JMHO but lads nowadays want instant success instead of learning the ropes first. There's lads nowadays getting their DSC today and shooting their first 12 pointer tomorrow or buying their first lamp

....my only problem with technology is that the vast vast majority of us are sport hunters...yet lot of people us 'pest control' as an excuse for unsporting behaviour. I know so many people who have

Termal imaging is good for counting partridges and catching cnuts with metal detectors like i've been using one for ,our above ground foxes are delt with by NV and a 222.50 and the ones under ground

Sounds a lot like performance enhancing drugs in sport. It'll raise the bar for game tallys but it doesn't replace time served skill and hard work.

Look at Lance Armstrong. He's been vilified for cheating but it still doesn't change the fact that he was a tremendous althlete regardless.

Either way technology is here to stay. If you want to keep it raw don't use it.

• Like 1