Should Night Vision And Thermal Imaging Been Banned From Hunting

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JMHO but lads nowadays want instant success instead of learning the ropes first. There's lads nowadays getting their DSC today and shooting their first 12 pointer tomorrow or buying their first lamp

....my only problem with technology is that the vast vast majority of us are sport hunters...yet lot of people us 'pest control' as an excuse for unsporting behaviour. I know so many people who have

Termal imaging is good for counting partridges and catching cnuts with metal detectors like i've been using one for ,our above ground foxes are delt with by NV and a 222.50 and the ones under ground

I sat for two weeks trying to learn the distance thing did my head in big time until i learn,d that it came down to the size of the image in the nv that told me how far away they were before i even went out shooting with it and even then i found it was best to stork up on them and not lay in wait

did my head in big time , and not just that but when you take the nv away from your eyes for a few seconds your blind lol

the lamp is a lot easier by far

imo

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

nv ok for close range i.e ratting but like mac says distance judging is a bloody pain unless you know the land like the back of ya hand ---got a photon here that I will only use around farm buildings

• Like 1

Great bits of kit if you havnt got the skill to work dogs or havnt access to decent dogs,biggest fans of rifles and all the tech that goes with it are failed dog men jmho,pest controlers and profit hunters will also get good use out of it.

Or many are probably like me...they just enjoy doing it

I don't own a dog or have the wish to own one

Great bits of kit if you havnt got the skill to work dogs or havnt access to decent dogs,biggest fans of rifles and all the tech that goes with it are failed dog men jmho,pest controlers and profit hunters will also get good use out of it.

Twat

• Like 3

Never read such bo$$ocks , in my life , I've never been out with dogs , but would love to

But to say ( failed dog men ) and worse access to decent dogs ! , shit ,

I would have thought that these lads with dogs , put many a long hour in training them , I'm sure they don't go to asda

And buy a ready made one of the shelf , ffts

• Like 1

Talk of lamp shy,- try a red filter,- i did and it made a big difference,- it does not seem to scare them, and we could almost walk right up to some rabbits etc. My mate was also bringing in foxes very close on the red filter. He won't use without a filter now. Blue or green was no good, but amber good in foggy conditions.