Feeding Times ????

I fed late at night, usually before I go to bed..nothing before lamping,

so if you go lamping that means your dog goes with out food for 24hrs

Yip

use to do the same mate tried feeding the dog a light meal good few hours before but never ran as well as I did not feeding it
  • Like 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine usually has porridge with sliced almonds,banana and some manuka honey on top about 8 am. Then about 12pm I shoot down to greggs and get him a chicken salad barm with a smidgen of mayo (no onions

I always find this kind of topic interesting and don't really see a right or wrong. It's good to hear how differently we all do things.   I personally feed one big meal a day between 5pm and 10pm. I

i always feed 5 to 6 hours before going lamping ive seen alot of dogs that havent been fed that day or even upo 24 hours previous go off there feet.

Its not rocket science kids ffs i leave them empty that day if there running in the night

Would you run a marathon without having food for 12hrs I don't think so.

The pro cyclists are eating energy bars high energy food during a race.if they fasted for 12hrs before the race they would be running on an empty tank.

Each to there own....

• Like 2

It's like talking to a fecking brick wall with some folk on here.fecking clueless.feed what you want and when you want.

I will do the same.

Beaters have noticed there spaniels slowing down due to lack of energy half way through a days work.and feed them some mars bar etc.do you think they take them dogs out on an empty stomach ?

Edited by king
  • Like 1

Think we all used to do the night feed ,,and not feed if we were lamping,,but after seeing a good few dogs going over or to a standstill,,,you soon learn,,,..

Feed them at tea time,,out after midnight,,,and I've never seen any dog not perform properly,,by being fed befor hand,,,provided there's time to digest...

I think it's in your head the loss of performance,,,because you have fed that way for so long,,,it's ingrained in your your phsycy...spelling....and you look for things that army there...

I bet the lads that feed last thing at night,,,befor they go to bed....wouldn't think twice about running the dog first thing in the morning .....which equals about the same time to digest a meal

• Like 4

If I'm lamping I feed them a full meal about 12-1 and if I'm not lamping and in day shift I feed em bout half 6 after work if I'm on nights I feed them about 3 and if I'm ferreting or mooching on a morning I still feed them between 3 and 7.

After lamping they get a full meal regardless of how much running was done that night.

Imo I havnt noticed a difference if dogs running

One of my pals had a dog that run shit on empty stomach but fed bout 5-6 hours before lamping ran class ?

I do both just depending on what I'm goin to be doing i usually feed between 8-10 on a night if I'm just goin for an hour or 2 i don't think there's any need to feed them an extra meal during the day if I know hes goin to have a hard night ill feed him in the afternoon aswel...just know your dogs limits leave a couple in the tank they always there to run next time...always done the same never had no hassle with the dogs energy wise

I do both just depending on what I'm goin to be doing i usually feed between 8-10 on a night if I'm just goin for an hour or 2 i don't think there's any need to feed them an extra meal during the day if I know hes goin to have a hard night ill feed him in the afternoon aswel...just know your dogs limits leave a couple in the tank they always there to run next time...always done the same never had no hassle with the dogs energy wise

think you've got it wrong, I mean, what people are on about lol

think you've got it wrong, I mean, what people are on about lol
Whys that? Works for me and my dog so that's all that matters other people can do as they please its whatever works for them ill not loose no sleep over it