Feeding Times ????

Hi lads. Would like to no what other lads do with there lurchers feeding ??? Do you feed twice or only the one feed a day ? Also when you take your dog out on the lamp do you feed that day or not ? Just wondering how diffrent people work and what they find best. Really appreciate your feedback ☺

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mine usually has porridge with sliced almonds,banana and some manuka honey on top about 8 am. Then about 12pm I shoot down to greggs and get him a chicken salad barm with a smidgen of mayo (no onions

I always find this kind of topic interesting and don't really see a right or wrong. It's good to hear how differently we all do things.   I personally feed one big meal a day between 5pm and 10pm. I

i always feed 5 to 6 hours before going lamping ive seen alot of dogs that havent been fed that day or even upo 24 hours previous go off there feet.

i always feed 5 to 6 hours before going lamping ive seen alot of dogs that havent been fed that day or even upo 24 hours previous go off there feet.

how much ??? Afull feed or half ??? Edited by drid

how much ??? Afull feed or half ???

i always feed a full meal if for some reason the dog hasnt eaten it all i take the remainder up and he has it with his meal when he gets back from our hunting trip.

• Like 1

I always find this kind of topic interesting and don't really see a right or wrong. It's good to hear how differently we all do things.

I personally feed one big meal a day between 5pm and 10pm. I like to alternate the feeding time to prevent the dogs expecting their food at a set time. I've seen this before and it's annoying to say the least.

If I am lamping then I feed both dogs half a meal usually consisting of brown bread, eggs and tinned fish in tomatoe at approx 2pm. So 8-10 hours before lamping. Then the dog which isn't going lamping gets a big meal when I take the other one out.

Obviously the dog being Lamped gets it's big meal when we return home.

Some lads won't feed on the day that they are going lamping at all, and it works for them. Personally I wouldn't want to do a big sporting event having not eaten for 24 hours. So I don't expect my dogs to either.

If the dog is only running a handful of rabbits then I don't think it will make THAT much difference but if putting a big shift in then I think it's a big ask to do it on an empty tank.

• Like 9

Medium meal between 10am n 12 no later if going lamping then a few bits such as a milky honey drink and a banana before the drive home then a full meal on return..

A full wet meal between 5-6pm if going daytime leaving early morning, then a few bits similar to above before the drive home then feed a full meal about 6pm, always worked for me..

• Like 1