Have Forums Had Their Day?

I agree with the last posts, and its typical that even this thread has stupid digs, they seem to like personal attacks and then you reply and an argument starts, if you dont have anything to add then fine you can just read and move on, but if someone takes the time to do a write up and im as guilty as anyone but i like to at least like it.

Post 6 on here;- what was the point in personal attacks on someone you know nothing about - or was that i go back and argue - is that who PK was referring to.

i think admin of this site need to do more, do they read these posts, admin when you read this let us know you have at least read it. and either remove people or posts that are not related to the thread, im on a beaters facebook page and it is monitored and whilst your free to have your say and express your opinion, as soon as you post things that either use swear words, or are there to provoke, or are personal attacks the post is removed. if that person keeps on they are removed, and if you threaten you are removed. It would be good to hear an admins view on this and ask how much individual threads are monitored, this is a great forum but has become big and i love to move about the posts, im learning more about game rearing so that my learning page, i used to be in hunt service and was a terrierman for a long time so there's my teaching page, and my hobby is stalking so, this is my interest page. Maybe more admins might help. but lets ensure it continues

Edited by Philluk
  • Like 1

I enjoy this forum, yes I agree with most of the above, but there are idiots every where, its a fact of life, its also a fact that we don't see the admins input too much, so it is difficult to gauge, how much input they have to put in, to manage the site we are also not aware of how much S**t they remove, or delete, or how many people they Ban, I won't go on face book, I feel it has a huge affect on people,and in some cases there self esteem, to a point where I think a lot of people are addicted to the bloody thing, posting there every move,looking for approval from somebody, by being liked, at the end of the day you get out what you put in,

• Like 2

I agree with the last posts, and its typical that even this thread has stupid digs, they seem to like personal attacks and then you reply and an argument starts, if you dont have anything to add then fine you can just read and move on, but if someone takes the time to do a write up and im as guilty as anyone but i like to at least like it.

Post 6 on here;- what was the point in personal attacks on someone you know nothing about - or was that i go back and argue - is that who PK was referring to.

i think admin of this site need to do more, do they read these posts, admin when you read this let us know you have at least read it. and either remove people or posts that are not related to the thread, im on a beaters facebook page and it is monitored and whilst your free to have your say and express your opinion, as soon as you post things that either use swear words, or are there to provoke, or are personal attacks the post is removed. if that person keeps on they are removed, and if you threaten you are removed. It would be good to hear an admins view on this and ask how much individual threads are monitored, this is a great forum but has become big and i love to move about the posts, im learning more about game rearing so that my learning page, i used to be in hunt service and was a terrierman for a long time so there's my teaching page, and my hobby is stalking so, this is my interest page. Maybe more admins might help. but lets ensure it continues

Phil,

The way I use forums now is to learn and chat socially with people who have the same interests as me, but who live different lives and therefore have different prejudice's, like's and views to me. I can actually see how teenager's get bullied on social media sites, because if your views don't agree with the proletariat, you can be left open to ridicule and derision. Everyone seems to follow the crowd and you can get a " Social Media Lambasting" very quickly, everyone conforms to social norms, and if your views are contrary to these norms, you will be shat on. But I guess it's been like this from Shakespears time down to Lord of the Flies, so if I comment on something, and someone gets personal on it, I'm not really bothered, the odd time I get snappy back, but it's mostly because I'm tired and my fault for engaging.

Post what you like, I might not agree with it, but it helps me see another point of view which is always good.

More admins probably would help with the policing of the forum, but don't put too much store into what people think of your views personal. Keep posting.

again another simple answer, ask ianb to make you a mod and then when you have done it for a while you will have enough knowledge to judge others, i see no difference between post 6 and yours above,

again another simple answer, ask ianb to make you a mod and then when you have done it for a while you will have enough knowledge to judge others, i see no difference between post 6 and yours above,

This is not an argument thread im not asking for everyone to agree with me it was a simple question and any outcome would only be to encourage more use of this site like it was, ive just gone back at random to 2007 (Foxdropper you were active then) but there were many stories, on the page ive just gone to which was Dec 2007 a few reports, one on a munty, one on a roe, one on a red, all about the same time of year and fairly regularly, some good comments, it didnt have a like button then, but as i flick through there are some questions and people have replied they still do that today which is great. There are not many people on then that i see now, maybe they have given up stalking or like mentioned by many people they get fed up of the negative comments.

Im sure admin here do a great job and cant be everywhere, i guess they remove posts and we dont see so they are sort of hidden heros of the day.

Paulus:- i dont understand what you are trying to say or do, your first comment was negative it didnt have a point just if you dont like it dont come on here, im trying to be proactive and encourage some writeups which this site is about. Then your 2nd comment you see no difference between post 6 and mine. well its simple, In post 6 its from someone who knows nothing about me launches personal attacks: he said "I get into deer hunting and think im above everyone" I wear fancy clothes with a posh accent, questioning my picture profile, and accusing me of wanting all the deer to myself. Whats that 5 attacks totally unnecessary, not needed and unfair. I have not had a go at anybody in my posts, im merely speaking out in a hope that this forum can become good again.

All ive asked in the century we are in and the rise of facebook, where you see the stalking stories daily, is the rise of facebook going to effect this or any forum? whats wrong with asking that, and as someone has said facebook the stories go on here you can go back to them.

There are a few people not just me who have replied and said that this forum has too many idiots and there doesnt need to be.

facebook effected forums a good while ago, as for articles, how many times can you read about the same thing. over time it gets more and more difficult, this i know from experience having been on here for over ten years, all forums go through changes in the people that post, members come and go, in truth its nearly impossible to stop people rejoining after being removed. the key to a good forum is not just about the information it provides, its also about the banter, now some people see this banter for what it is and others take it personally, To me its water off a ducks back, its a forum not a book, it can change direction at a moments notice, just one post on a thread can turn it on its head or start it in a tottaly different direction. . the longest running posts on the forum tend to be those full of piss takes and banter mixed in with advice and guidance.