Football Derby's

me and missus took a game in whilst visiting barcelona -off we went to nou camp [shit hole] to watch barca v.s Valencia barca won 6-0 and the only singing we could hear was from a bunch of lads from England! after match we travelled on tube back to hotel and the atmosphere was very subdued & that's after a win lol

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats right...Norwich-v-Ipswich...biggest by far...its carnage... Carrots and tractors all over the place!!

I think you'll find the Sunderland Newcastle derby is the biggest in world football   Max will be along shortly to put you straight

By what measure is it decided what "the biggest rivalry" is ?   All the games spoken about are massive days to each set of fans......to say this or that is the biggest is complete tat !!

Exeter V Plymouth.... it pisses all over Sunderland V Newcastle..

That's right mate, there was over 15,000 on last week :D

Rovers v Dingle b*****ds has to be up there but I can't get my head round the Dundee one, both clubs grounds in the same street, about 200 Yards apart lol

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

By what measure is it decided what "the biggest rivalry" is ?

All the games spoken about are massive days to each set of fans......to say this or that is the biggest is complete tat !!

• Like 3

All the games spoken about are massive days to each set of fans......to say this or that is the biggest is complete tat !!

Think it's decided on the colours.....green and blue very popular.

In that case its West Ham/Millwall

To me the biggest derbies have to be the ones that are contested by the biggest clubs that stands to reason...............but biggest certainly doesnt mean best give me the spite and nastiness of a little West Ham/Millwall game played out once in a blue moon to the boring Manc/Liverpool or Arsenal/Spurs games that happen twice every year.

For sheer atmosphere the Greeks or the Turks take some beating.

Liverpool United is the biggest game in the world in my opinion, Italian derbies are generally turgid, and who honestly cared about el Classico when Barca were absolutely shite until the early 90s

I remember a few years go sat on the couch with my mam watching the cup game between mill wall and Chelsea , the one with the pitch invasion, ever since then I always have a little smile whenever millwall is read out on the radio...

As for your north east Derby max mate, I know dozens of north east lads who support united and Liverpool,never Arsenal, as when they were growing up, early 80s onwards, both big teams were absolutely diabolical

Btw, I got a text on Monday off my mate, a season ticket holder and proper rokerite, asking me what max hardcore had thought about the game against Arsenal lol

• Like 1

To me the biggest derbies have to be the ones that are contested by the biggest clubs that stands to reason...............but biggest certainly doesnt mean best give me the spite and nastiness of a little West Ham/Millwall game played out once in a blue moon to the boring Manc/Liverpool or Arsenal/Spurs games that happen twice every year.

For sheer atmosphere the Greeks or the Turks take some beating.

Have you been to turkey with England ? I know a few that rarely miss a England game but took the fa advice and

missed turkey a few year ago , although they could have organised tickets if I remember correctly

I've been to many grounds following Newcastle in my earlier days and have only ever been really shitting myself once....2 other occasions were a bit dicey

1992 standing in the fulwell end at Roker park..we won didn't think I was getting out alive

The other 2 games were Tottenham and stoke in the 90s where it kicked of big style