Long Nets

Ive got a few spots that would be perfect to long net rather than crashing about in brambles setting purse nets. Never used them before or even own any, so looking for any tips and a nudge in right direction as to where to purchase the net or nets

cheers

Ive got a few spots that would be perfect to long net rather than crashing about in brambles setting purse nets. Never used them before or even own any, so looking for any tips and a nudge in right direction as to where to purchase the net or nets

cheers

hi mate , I too had never used long nets even after 30+ years of working ferrets , but now it's part of my living you have to get good results !

Definitely contact Nelson , he gave me some great advice and supplied some really good kit , it's made ferreting so much easier and productive. :boogy:

thorny phone up south east netting, youlle get 200 yards for forty pounds ask for 6 z and 2 and a qaurter mesh , 8 pound for draw cord for your foot line and bottom line , mick dadd has poles 3 50 each , rubber castrating bands 2 pound a box , for attaching your net to ,

your bag or quickset method you can buy for 25 quid of m dadd or you can make them for very little , i use the bows for making creels but you could use 25 mm water pipe for the hoop and hard wood timber or plastic to make your frame

and get nylon webbin for strap it works well and costs very little , and for netting youncan use a sack or smal meshed netting 25 mm ,see how you get on micky dadds hepfull and does a good bit rabbiting

• Like 1

thorny phone up south east netting, youlle get 200 yards for forty pounds ask for 6 z and 2 and a qaurter mesh , 8 pound for draw cord for your foot line and bottom line , mick dadd has poles 3 50 each , rubber castrating bands 2 pound a box , for attaching your net to ,

your bag or quickset method you can buy for 25 quid of m dadd or you can make them for very little , i use the bows for making creels but you could use 25 mm water pipe for the hoop and hard wood timber or plastic to make your frame

and get nylon webbin for strap it works well and costs very little , and for netting youncan use a sack or smal meshed netting 25 mm ,see how you get on micky dadds hepfull and does a good bit rabbiting

200 yards for 40quid??? That a typo fluff? seems extremely cheap. If its right I will be ringing em aswell!

try advanced netting to there not to bad 200yard means a hundred yard set if you half it for kill ,my friend harrkes trawls has a lot of stuff two that would do the ferreter or long netter ,

i think i paid roughly 50 pound including postage for my sheet netting 18 mesh deep , double selvedge ,made two fifty yarders but you could still get away with less slack as they were high , and catch rabbits easy ,

you would be surprised what commercail fishing sites have that can do for hunting guys , sheet netting etc ,any way no more info for today , next one will be making all plastic quick set bags be intresting

some companies have long netting lying on shelves for ages and will sell them cheap to move old stock , surprising what bargains you get guys , southeast netting is good tho ,as most of the other net makers buy of him as he gets containers full of gear ,

i got a whole sale price as i was selling them on so maybe go in at that angle ,

got a [BANNED TEXT] lot of contacts for gear catch youse later

Edited by fluff
  • Like 1

nelson wouldnt matter the price as some have not the skills or common sense how to set a net up ,how many mesh to count bettween poles etc or mark your drawsting so all poles are equal ,not hard but met several over the years , that werent that way inclined , wanted to hunt or fish but didnt have a clue about gear , they just wanted the good parts

We use electric fence posts that cost about £2.00 if you buy 10. Straight posts nothing to catch.

http://www.flytesofancy.co.uk/chickenhouses/PVC_Plastic_Post.html

They have a nice clip top if you are not using quick set and set poles at a angle. If you put electrical grommets on the poles you could easy make them quick set poles.

Cheers Arry.