Hi fireman. Melrose myself. Don' t and can't tell the difference between the makes but say again, one of the best things I've ever had in the kitchenWe had some ham left over as does everyone and I recommended , on here, stovies. However she who needs obeying wants ham soup so away we go again. Doing onion, potatoe, red chilli, ham and loads of seasoning. Should be good with garlic bread I reckon, oh and a nice wine

• Like 3

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

after the cheese thread in the general section i decided to make some broccoli and cheese soup today. bag a frozen broccoli. 1 large onion 2 medium sized potatoes. 150g of danish blue cheese. 1

Well to be fair, I can't remember a day on our farm in Scotland when There wasn't soup going.

Nothing to do with a soup maker, not even a recipe, just a yarn really, although I did end up with a soup.   Almost 2 years ago my son, daughter in law and grandaughter visited from Aussie, and dau

Posted Images

Gone a bit quiet on here. Fridges as empty as wallets. Gardens with nothing growing? No excuse for not making soup. Wake up to 2016 and let's have some imagination.

Jok, you really are as nutty as a fruitcake. :laugh:

TC

• Like 2

Know what TC. I really don't mind, just love life, love banter and take no notice whatsoever . Yes , a basket full of frogs has been mentioned in the past but all the guys know where to come when they need help. Kind of warming pal if you know what I mean.

• Like 2

after the cheese thread in the general section i decided to make some broccoli and cheese soup today.

bag a frozen broccoli.

1 large onion

2 medium sized potatoes.

150g of danish blue cheese.

1 chicken stock cube

cook the veg in 1 litre of chicken stock and then blend it in the mixer. put blended soup back into pan and add the cheese in small cubes off the heat. stir till it melts in, then enjoy.

simple, cheap n tasty :victory:

• Like 4

Nothing to do with a soup maker, not even a recipe, just a yarn really, although I did end up with a soup. :thumbs:

Almost 2 years ago my son, daughter in law and grandaughter visited from Aussie, and daughter in law is a vegetarian. Bear in mind it was a very cold february so I thought I would make a veggie stew with dumplings. All the usual root veg that would normally go into a meaty stew, no pearl barley though so I supplemented with some red lentils, Knorr veggie stock cubes big lumps of swede, parsnip, potato, leeks, onions, carrots etc, plus tomato puree. Even bought a couple of packets of vegetarian dumpling mix, normally make my own but couldn't find any vegetarian suet.

When I dished it out she asked me what the big things were, told her they were vegetarian chive dumplings, turns out she's never even heard of them let alone tasted one. She couldn't get on with the large chunks of veg either. Me and my lad and the wife had a large dish each before I succumbed and went at the remainder with an emersion blender. I must say that the daughter in law and the baby loved it and it lasted them about 3 days, and I will admit that although a puree it made a damn fine soup.

Took a photo of it as a stew, but not after it had been blitzed.

post-84277-0-24543000-1452224948_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Rabid. Morphy Richards soup maker. This ain't a warming pot. Sodding great bit of kit for not a lot

Thanks, will have a butchers, the Mrs makes some awesome soups but not often enough (always too busy) so quite fancy one of these to have a go myself