Tail Docking

I was always told it was to be to the knuckle on your finger next to your thumb

what if you have little pups and big hands?
Then use your own judgement, what did you use as a guideline Rob ?
just what looks proportional.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why are you paying a vet to do something so simple. Why do we all do as we're told , it's so fekin annoying .soon we'll need professional dog walker to walk the bloody dogs and I bet people would foll

Take a third off it

A bitch I got bites all her pups tails off normaly just the proper length really ironic

1/3 working dock mate should be £30 per pup and that's docked de declawed and chipped

Atb

BLOODY HELL I WOULDNT PAY THAT

I could only find one vet at the time i needed some doing and paid £45 a pup for butchery to be done on them,mind you the vet did hand me the micro chip in a bag as he knew it was far to young to chip them but some vets i've heard have insisted on it being done then ffs..

I've taken terrier pups to a vet to get them docked and what a old do it was,pups screaming and the bitch who had to be left in the motor going fecking nuts and have to say the most painless and gentle way i've ever seen a docking done was with no tools just the mans finger nail and thumb nail :yes: ,the bitch was with her pups and all he did was pick up a pup nip the tail off and put it back down to her and none of the 3 pups i saw being docked even whimpered.Fecking outrageous vets have to be the ones who do it these days as the man i saw do it was heads and shoulders above the vet i paid to do it for me..

my Oldman would use his fingers,before the ban I would measure with finger and bite them off,never had a pup make a sound and saves the bitch getting stressed imo,every vet I've seen has butchered pups tails,last time i took my ferrets they putting on welders gloves to jab my ferret jills make me laugh,I took the needle off her last time and jabbed all 5 myself,most don't know shit from toothpaste imo,my dogs go for first injections and they don't go again unless they really have too.normally the wife behind my back lol.atb dc
  • Like 1

I agree Fireman, although not necessarily the method but with the speed it can be done with no stress to bitch or pups.

Also, IMO, it doesn't make common sense to bring 5 day old pups to a vets surgery.

What if the last patient was a parvo case ?

tails come off on third day no later that's the way i've always been told and done myself, 2 days will make a big difference IMHO watchedy mate do it when they 5 days old and poor fuckers where screaming and I thought you horrible cnut.lol.no way a dig at you Neil. Atb dc
  • Like 1

Just recently done tails on pups at 9 days old good sharp knife job done end of no effect on pups but normally would have them done at 3/5 days old.

A sharp knife is not the tool as a sharp edge will slice through blood vessels and leave them open where as a slightly blunt edge will crush and close the blood vessels, :thumbs: ..

Also meant to say, that the reason I leave it 'till 5 days is that after a bitch has pups the only things I need to know is that she has milk and that there's no pups stuck in her.

I'll throw a quick count on them and leave her to rest and have peace and quiet with her pups and I wont handle them 'till she's comfortable with it and by the time they're 5 days old I'll have handled them a few times and docking their tails will be a lot less stressful on her.

I'm talking from experience not like a fellow I see here giving advice on docking when I'd say he never even reared a pup let alone bred a litter.

It's neither here nor there now as we have to bring them to a vets now which is what I'll be doing but IMO to stick a bitch with her new born pups in a car at 2 or 3 days old and bring her to a strange environment where's there's a risk of disease is as crazy as political correctness can get IMO.

Animal welfare ? LMAO.

• Like 1

Also meant to say, that the reason I leave it 'till 5 days is that after a bitch has pups the only things I need to know is that she has milk and that there's no pups stuck in her.

I'll throw a quick count on them and leave her to rest and have peace and quiet with her pups and I wont handle them 'till she's comfortable with it and by the time they're 5 days old I'll have handled them a few times and docking their tails will be a lot less stressful on her.

I'm talking from experience not like a fellow I see here giving advice on docking when I'd say he never even reared a pup let alone bred a litter.

It's neither here nor there now as we have to bring them to a vets now which is what I'll be doing but IMO to stick a bitch with her new born pups in a car at 2 or 3 days old and bring her to a strange environment where's there's a risk of disease is as crazy as political correctness can get IMO.

Animal if that comment was about me neil,I breed for myself when I need too,and know just a little bit about it,sorry if I stole your thunder as the thl know it all.lol.atb

• Like 1