If You Are Thinking Of Buying A Long Net

wheatonhound

I have been ferreting for the past 30yrs.I have used all types of nets purse nets which we don't get much use for over here because of the lack of ground burrows. Then onto the stopnet which has served us very well over the years.only in the past couple of years have I started using quickset nets.which have taken out the time and trouble of rolling up nets and maybe even leaving one behind you:'( I have spent a lot of money on my gear from the days of the home made carry boxes that would kill you carrying them around to now with every kind of bow back box there is.

I have bough many of the quickset nets from different ((top)) suppliers but today proved it to me.THE best basket and net that I have used is is from NELSON on here.DO NOT PASS HIM if you want quality and value for money.When he says your getting 6z net you get a 6z net not like another ((top)) supplier.

Today we used A 6z off nelson and a 6z off the other supplier. The other suppliers was like a tennis racket and was only a 4z at best.They don't get out of nelsons net.I can not recommend Nelsons nets highly enough and a really nice books to deal with.End of rant;-)

• Like 6

I have been ferreting for the past 30yrs.I have used all types of nets purse nets which we don't get much use for over here because of the lack of ground burrows. Then onto the stopnet which has served us very well over the years.only in the past couple of years have I started using quickset nets.which have taken out the time and trouble of rolling up nets and maybe even leaving one behind you:'( I have spent a lot of money on my gear from the days of the home made carry boxes that would kill you carrying them around to now with every kind of bow back box there is.

I have bough many of the quickset nets from different ((top)) suppliers but today proved it to me.THE best basket and net that I have used is is from NELSON on here.DO NOT PASS HIM if you want quality and value for money.When he says your getting 6z net you get a 6z net not like another ((top)) supplier.

Today we used A 6z off nelson and a 6z off the other supplier. The other suppliers was like a tennis racket and was only a 4z at best.They don't get out of nelsons net.I can not recommend Nelsons nets highly enough and a really nice books to deal with.End of rant;-)

Not disputing the quality of Nels0n's nets but 4z will out catch 6z any day of the week. Anyone who actually thinks that 6z is the best netting for catching rabbits has a lot to learn. That is a fact. BTW Nels0n also sells 4z in 4.25" mesh now that is a killing net.

TC

• Like 7

Not disputing for a minute the kill rate on 4. 6 or 8z I have used all 3. But if you get a 4z instead of a 6z that was ordered and its like a tennis racket.that's different story. Point Im trying to make is Nelson is the man.

100% agree with you about Nels0n, 6z is not too bad in 4.25" & 4.5" mesh but in 4" it is not really suitable for catching rabbits. BTW it was not a seller beginning with the letter J that you bought off was it?

TC

• Like 1

He has not been very well lately, although that was a couple of weeks ago :yes:

I have just had a couple of long nets of him , what a great guy. :victory: .

I can really recommend him, very helpful indeed and a great price and product.

You will not find better.

Edited by Rowan
  • Like 1

Sorry Jackson only seen your message now 22 pound but worth every penny.24 in 1 hr Sunday game over for bugsie when they hit these.like I said the basket is the best on the market no noise of poles hitting off each other very tidy.the nests that I'm using are 6z but some lads will differ.A true gent to deal with