A Good Run On This

A good run and retrieve by the whippet on this clip from today.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qET30ka-NO4

very good dog did good job, :thumbs: but 1st time ever you really see I think where a bigger dog as a advantage of the smaller purely , with retrieving . both my dogs catch rabbits fairly easy and the bring back always been the best part as the rabbit just scooped up near enough in one stride and brought right in, and my bigger dog even more easy than my older dog one 25in the other 28in. I like whippets had one little 20 in bitch, just like the above dog great at rabbiting . but its only when you see bigger types dogs that it really comes home to you. for very close work edges etc whippets are spot on , but other type work longer runs bigger dogs are better in think . :yes:

A good run and retrieve by the whippet on this clip from today.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qET30ka-NO4

very good dog did good job, :thumbs: but 1st time ever you really see I think where a bigger dog as a advantage of the smaller purely , with retrieving . both my dogs catch rabbits fairly easy and the bring back always been the best part as the rabbit just scooped up near enough in one stride and brought right in, and my bigger dog even more easy than my older dog one 25in the other 28in. I like whippets had one little 20 in bitch, just like the above dog great at rabbiting . but its only when you see bigger types dogs that it really comes home to you. for very close work edges etc whippets are spot on , but other type work longer runs bigger dogs are better in think . :yes:

Any videos of yours on?

Owned big dogs for years but never run them on rabbits, I just run them on what they were bred for. I found if I run them on rabbits that's all they wanted when the going got tuff. 28'' for rabbits is too big for me, how often is he lame running them 3 times a week :yes:

Edited by Trev70
  • Like 1

Owned big dogs for years but never run them on rabbits, I just run them on what they were bred for. I found if I run them on rabbits that's all they wanted when the going got tuff. 28'' for rabbits is too big for me, how often is he lame running them 3 times a week :yes:

neither of them really regards being lame, the big dog had few knocks , but that just his way he feckin mad he full on any quarry big and small . my other dog Bryn 8 year old never been laid up though any knocks in 8 years. and caught loads of rabbits that all he used for, and not small at 25in 60lb , he good size lurcher. as said I like whippets I had 20in 20lb racing whippet bitch. she was good at rabbits, but what call close work around hedges etc, but as alround rabbit dog Bryn was better I thought for the reason ive said :yes: