Whippets?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Snap lol ..great to watch though ?  

I nearly bought a whippet about four years ago, but the fella was nuts, not that I'm that bothered about pedigree papers, but he didn't want to release them until the bitch was spayed. These lines are

Not seen many real good working Whippets over the years but one Mike Brown bred dog certainly did open my eyes,seen the dog give a hundred yards law and still real one in after a two minute plus race,

Posted Images

Loved whippets when I was young..but I changed when lamping came in, still like them but I wouldnt have one..

Snap lol ..great to watch though

PSX_20151017_192126_zps5om3sb2t.jpg

Good pic Fuji

I know that field!!!!

My whippets were up to 14lb in weight, my dads were broken coated..

• Like 1

I think the only reason I paid as much as I did for my whippet is knowing the consistency of workers being produced from his particular line. I wanted to put the odds in my favour and it worked out well for me in the end. Why does a man spend 200 euros on a chancy p.b.t yet the same man would spend 1000 if pup was from a long line of tightly bred proven producers of game dogs ? .. good odds...

Beenner I think that is a fair point and anybody can buy what they like with their own money. But the fact is you can get a well bred lurcher pup for very little which will with respect most likely be just as capable if not more so than a whippet which costs a lot more. For me personally the decision wasn't about ability full stop or cost i just thought to myself if I bred a litter of pups (any breed) what would be the focus of rehoming them? And I would be far more interested in them finding a good working home where they will get to do what they breed to do but looked after well. I spoke to a few people who breed whippets that were seemingly working there dogs and had litters not one asked if intended to work the pup. I came to the conclusion that they weren't that bothered and therefore you start to question why have they bred the litter in the first place have the chosen the parents well etc I have no doubt there are people working there whippets out there and having the odd litter and sourcing good working homes for them at sensible prices. But I have to say I think they are few and far between which is a shame as I love whippets as a breed atb

Edited by matt1979
  • Like 1

Point taken Matt. I suppose my search for an honest litter ended well so left me thinking differently then you . But I can understand from your personal experience why you would be left with a bad taste in your mouth , so to speak. A.t.b

There's a dog pup on Facebook in Runcorn no papers for 150

wouldnt buy nothing off there to be honest full clowns from what i seen,least on here you got half chance just from reading their content and knowing who knows who so to speak cheers though