Sound Men

• 2 weeks later...

Whoever leaves and earth when someone needs a hand no matter what time of day it is is a tosser. I'd be there till the end no matter who's terrier is in the ground/what time of day it is/weather, anything. Can't stand someone on an earth clock watching and moaning they need to get back. Good on them lads and good on digging a terrier in they're company which relates to theits.

• Like 3

It's all starts with discipline and respect being instilled when your a youngster and the love of being part of the hunt anybody that left a dig when I was there was never back out with me again never infact there's a very good chance I wouldnt speak to him/them again.

• Like 1

Thank God I have never been in that situation, i must have been extremely lucky with my choice of mates "All for one and one for all". I would be honoured to have those that have left replies before me as digging partners "Respect" to all of you!!

There was 4 of us at an earth one day and the words "I have a mark here at 10 foot" had only left my mouth when 2 of the lads said they were going home to watch the football. LOL.

On the other side, I remember having a 10 hour dig and the lads who were with me had a long way to travel. One by one they rang their wives to say they'd be late and what made me laugh was I could hear their wives on the phone saying "No bother love, are ye stuck at a hole again ?" They all more or less said the same thing, LOL.

• Like 4