How To Film Rabbits Lamping

If your filming to get a hour of decent footage how many rabbits would you need to run ??

Time you edit out when it goes fuzzy, times when cameras rolling but nothings Happening & then missed runs..

If been out with video and slr - the camera takes the enjoyment out of it for me.

I hunt for the dog and my own enjoyment..

The camera's are definitely not for me..

Good luck to anyone trying with stills or film..

The principal is not rocket science but when you get into it, it's not as easy as you are saying and becomes time consuming editing and uploading..

If it's that easy we'd be a wash with quality footage..

Think one thing that puts folk off producing and selling quality productions is the fact they just get copied and ripped off..

I'd like to see some of your vids J..

I've never took a lamping photo myself..

Heaps of pictures of dead game & some action shots,but ivr not one lamping picture.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've never filmed it,,,but the rabbit lamping film is the lurchermania films,,,,and they used 2 or 3 lamps,,and I think one was set on floodlight rather than a spot...

Take rew with ya.job done

Just an opinion,...and I might well be wrong...   But,..when using a movie camera (after dark) to capture some exciting sport with lurcher and dazzler,..the most important criteria is positioning,.

Posted Images

If your filming to get a hour of decent footage how many rabbits would you need to run ??

Time you edit out when it goes fuzzy, times when cameras rolling but nothings Happening & then missed runs..

If been out with video and slr - the camera takes the enjoyment out of it for me.

The principal is not rocket science but when you get into it, it's not as easy as you are saying and becomes time consuming editing and uploading..

Think one thing that puts folk off producing and selling quality productions is the fact they just get copied and ripped off..

Heaps of pictures of dead game & some action shots,but ivr not one lamping picture.

How much lamping filming have you done buddy?

That's like saying taking a photo is easy..

We can all point a camera..

Getting a good shot is something else..

Making a quality product is not so easy..

That's from experience..

Well, it looks like we're both speaking from experience then. BUT, I reckon I've a few more years filming experience than you and I don't find lamping films difficult at all.

But hey, that's just me......

So, good luck to ya..... :thumbs:

p.s, would love to see a few of your lamping pics...... :whistling: :whistling:

You sound like a kid in a playground ?

The new Enforcer 170 H I D is 4200 kelvin which equals about 2950 Lumens

so going on the plr 500 and the tracer 150 which claim to be 1200 Lumens

the new enforcer 170 H I D lamps must be some lamp with beam + brightness

just to give you some idea

i thought the kelvin rating was the colour of the light?4200 is more like daylight, the higher you go the more blue but not more powerful I believe? They do a blitz 70 watt that must be a f***ing monster cos Iv been testing mine out, and was lighting up houses up on a hill the other night, measured the distance on Google and it's 670 yards lol

Yeah you are right s w y n i was reading on a forum that averaged

the kelvin colour temp into lumen.

Dars would the H I D 170 Enforcer lamp be good enough for filming, with the beam

not set on spot beam, but with the beam being more floodlit

but using the150 for spotting as to not spook all the rabbits.

OR if anybody has used the hid 170 enforcer lamp

would you say that it would be ample amount for filming

as i have tried with the 150 tracer but not good enough,, cheers......

How much lamping filming have you done buddy?

Not as much as you J..

I'm happier just going with the dog..

My pal made 3 full length Dvds. .

For every 100 on film he'd run 300 . Times when dog caught out off the beam or the image was not clear.

He would say himself the editing was more laborious than the lamping..

Waking up tired rabbits to gut, get them to game dealers, then off to work on little sleep..

Repeat that 4/5 nights then with all the computer pish and sitting in front of a screen..

It ain't for everyone.

We filmed a few nights and I knew straight off it was not for me..

I found the whole thing tricky..

Dars would the H I D 170 Enforcer lamp be good enough for filming, with the beam

trust me, the beam set to flood is like daylight, it's cracking light.

:hmm:Just an opinion,...and I might well be wrong... :yes:

But,..when using a movie camera (after dark) to capture some exciting sport with lurcher and dazzler,..the most important criteria is positioning,.... :thumbs:

Obviously, there are several other factors,..such as plenty of light to film by,..loads and loads of critters, to have a crack at,..and dogs that are manageable,...sensible canine actors, not temperamental luvvies... :laugh:

Whereas,..when using a still camera, after dark to film action scenes,..there are a whole lot more factors to take into account. In fact, the basic idea and concept ain't an easy fecker,..and could even form the nucleus for a genuinely serious photographic project.

It is not one to be undertaken lightly :cry:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 2

Phil would you recommend a vid cam with a view finder , and would you know of a good vid cam

or know someone that does. This is simply for my personal enjoyment to sit back and just look back at

now and again to see my and a couple of friends dogs runs, cheers mate.

:laugh:I wouldn't have a fecking clue Dave...

My last foray into the darkness with an SVHS Microwave on my shoulder, was in the late 1980s/early 1990s,...and the results back then were hardly earth shattering (bit amateurish) ...I've learned my lesson,...leave it to the pros... :thumbs:

• Like 1

:laugh:I wouldn't have a fecking clue Dave...

My last foray into the darkness with an SVHS Microwave on my shoulder, was in the late 1980s/early 1990s,...and the results back then were hardly earth shattering (bit amateurish) ...I've learned my lesson,...leave it to the pros... :thumbs:

I remember the old VHS vid cams where the VHS tape sat in the side of the camera

lol, but in their day they were the 9,s and cost a lot of money compared to todays.

trust me, the beam set to flood is like daylight, it's cracking light.

Thank you mate