Using A Sire Twice In A Row

Rabbit hunter I think you are wrong what you say about the breeding is different with dogs and racehorse personaly I think it is very much the same with racehorse they must have a good mental attitude to want to race to become a winner the same with a terrier and as for breeding a good specimen I think you need it in a terrier in a lot of ways especially one that has to work in the morning walk on a lead all day sometimes in bad weather and worked again that afternoon . And with the word specimen I don't mean pretty I'm going off the subject so ill leave it at that and nothing personal just a opinion. fb

it's the 21st century the lead and Long days walking are gone lol

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly ,how many of you have ever done the repeat mating because appears to be a lot of 'my mate did' or 'i once knew ' . Pity topics like this wernt confined to fact not hearsay or classroom theor

There lies the answer.     Statistically with the same Sire & Dam with an even number of offspring the results should be the same and quality of pups the same. Varying Environmental condition

I've heard this a lot mostly from old timers and I've come to the conclusion that's it's an old wives tale imho . I've seen breeding done in fowl where the turnover and results can be seen a lot quick

Thanks for the push onto English dogs Neil, we get bye!!! Great post to intice debate, for me I seem to get along just fine with what's here so not much is wrong. I'm always keen to learn though, if you have the magical formula.

A magical formula ? Now there's something that would make a man a lot of money, LOL.

Mind you, there's manys a fellow says he has it.

• Like 1

I live in Kent I used to use a quad for lamping with the lurchers a Honda Forman as it was agri registers I sold it coz the places I have to dig a to far to ride it to and I couldn't be bothered with fecking around with a trailer. Plus I could do with the exorcise lol

• Like 1

One of the best terriers I've ever seen,was by a dog that was well over 10 year old and a very good digging dog,in fact he died not long after of old age,and up until then never produced much,but having said that most of what was brought to him was sub standard

One of the greatest greyhound sires Ireland has ever seen never threw nothing in Australia before he came here.

Sorry Corkman, but I don't buy theories figured out in a laboratory.

If dog breeding could be worked out on a piece of paper then we'd all have great dogs and there wouldn't be a wild mammal left in our countryside.

I'd rather listen to the men who's lab is their yard and the testing ground.

Like I say, most of us will repeat a mating or two in their yards but in the past there's been lads who done it many times and stopped doing so.

Personally I wouldn't do it but would look to breed the same bitch back to a closely related dog.

It also helps your breeding in the future to do so IMO. It widens your terriers gene pool to do so.

JMHO and that's all it is, an opinion.

They're doing interesting things with horses at the minute based on labwork

jim bolgers company equinome?-hes having worse results since he started it..one of the best ever greyhound litters in ireland(split the bill x lizzie fitz)-8out of 10 in the first litter broke 28.80-including ardfert billy who i think still has the fastest 550yds time in ireland..i think she was put back to the same dog 3 or 4 more times and they were all shite...the modern science of epigenetics is proving some old wives tales true
  • Like 2

One of the best terriers I've ever seen,was by a dog that was well over 10 year old and a very good digging dog,in fact he died not long after of old age,and up until then never produced much,but having said that most of what was brought to him was sub standard

One of the greatest greyhound sires Ireland has ever seen never threw nothing in Australia before he came here.
maybe because he never covered a bitch there..presume youre talking about top honcho

nail on the head there greengrass-theyre selling them..thered definitely be a market for them..theres a repeat mating to the breeding that threw timber house(fastedt dog up clonmel coursing earlier this year)-6 grand each.they might all be like his less good siblings..maybe its greedy to expect lightening to strike twice...id be 99.99percent sure about top honcho not siring any pups in aus..an bad accident ended his career there and i think he was still in cast when in ireland first-are you thinking of his father head honcho maybe..i take your point though..premier fantasy..excellent dog but an average enough sire here-superstar sire in australia..just the best and kiowa sweet trey-excellent sires in their own countries but a one way ticket to the poorhouse over here

• Like 1