First Woodcock Of The Season

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really pleased to get off the mark............    

Hello to all readers, unfortunately no sleep again and I am going back to my nocturnal ways like in former years.Sometimes it can be a strange experience when everyone else seems to be sleeping. Somet

We had a brilliant day on the woodcock today.1st we went to a local estate to see out local fox hounds meet and after having a look at them and a bit of a chat with a few people the hounds headed off

Posted Images

Well all I can say Bell is f**k you. LOL.

We're after putting up several with no success. Twice I was getting through a ditch with the gun empty and other times I couldn't fire.

In fact, on the opening day a lad rang me to tell me there was a Red Deer stag running around the village. While I was on the phone to him a Woodcock got up in front of me and would have been an easy shot.

So, well done you. LOL.

Jammy Git.

Did you see any others ?

• Like 1

We're after putting up several with no success. Twice I was getting through a ditch with the gun empty and other times I couldn't fire.

In fact, on the opening day a lad rang me to tell me there was a Red Deer stag running around the village. While I was on the phone to him a Woodcock got up in front of me and would have been an easy shot.

So, well done you. LOL.

Jammy Git.

Did you see any others ?

No Neil, only saw the one. Methinks the migration is a bit behind with all the strong winds we have had.
  • Like 1

So, well done you. LOL.

Jammy Git.

Did you see any others ?

No Neil, only saw the one. Methinks the migration is a bit behind with all the strong winds we have had.

It's been mild all over europe and they haven't been forced west by the freeze of winter i'd say,did see one rise on the shoot the other day but i don't shout them any more and the gun was to slow when he saw it :laugh: ,

• Like 1

I've still to get of the mark but the lad I was shooting with this morning had one.

Fireman, there's a shoot near me that cost the price of a good second hand car to join every year and the shoot captain get's all the woodcock, no matter who shoots them.

I too, would be keeping quiet. :laugh:

• Like 1