Calling Jackdaws

I watched a utube clip recently of the shooting show where mark gilchrists mate was calling in jackdaws. the sound this lad made was impressive to say the least.iv since found out the caller he was using was a primos power crow caller. I have the previous version and I can't seem to make that pitch of call on my caller. my question is are the two callers identical or is ther a difference with the newer power caller.

• 4 weeks later...

Pistolpete im a decoyer myself if you would like me to send you a video of the calls i can make id be glad to help. Iv been decoying corvids for 10 years and have some great success the key to calling jackdaws is the biting of the end of the call by biting down and blowing short and sharp you can getvthe hogh pitch chatters perfect. Iv taught a fair few people how to call properly. Best callers for jackdaws are either a primos or a acme

Cheers for that Carl, I'm managing the short chalking sound but it's the second half that's causing me problems. A video clip would help if you've got the time, I appreciate it.

bite down as you blow..hold it for a split second and let go with your teeth! while still blowing.........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...