Concealed Carry To Combat Terrorism ?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe so in yalls countries but here in North America the concealed carry citizens are not dumb@$$'s. It's not just a license you go down and purchase and then you have the right to carry, it's a c

Special forces have been deployed to the streets of Britain as of today for this reason!   "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."   I obviously think there is r

Every major city in America that's run and ruled by liberal progressive idiology has a much higher crime rate than those that are not. Take the guns out of the hands of law abidding citizens a

Just what that situation needed, a load of scared, untrained people with firearms letting off pot shots :icon_eek:

If we're going to have a serious discussion about this concept then there are plenty of options to consider. If total freedom to carry is considered too liberal then a trained 'militia', for lack of a better term, is an alternative. Civilians trained to military standards who are then permitted a concealed carry license.

It won't happen in Britain mind.

Or something along the lines of the Swiss model..

Every major city in America that's run and ruled by liberal progressive idiology has a much higher crime rate than those that are not. Take the guns out of the hands of law abidding citizens and the only guns left are those that will kill you instead of protect you and provide for you and others. Many many more pitfalls to disarming citizens than just being able to defend yourself and others against perps but those other pitfalls are not what this thread is about. Plus hard to undo what's already been done politically.

• Like 7

if we was allowed to carry a small fire arm then every Isis follower would just go and buy one legally. that could get messy

I don't know the answer but I do think we should be able to defend our self's and that would be with a gun.

Military trained against someone who has only ever shot at targets. (you'll never get a FAC pistol to shoot / practice on live quarry in England) Plus, a pistol against a Kalashnikov? No, the carrying of a pistol would result in panic and the worst case scenario the police shooting a gun wielding member of the general public.

• Like 3

Maybe so in yalls countries but here in North America the concealed carry citizens are not dumb@$$'s. It's not just a license you go down and purchase and then you have the right to carry, it's a course that consists of many things. Back ground checks are done, qualifing with a pistol is done, and also what happens after you use your weapon in defense of yourself or otheres and the legal trouble you might have to battle against. The course covers when it is acceptable to use your gun in defense and when it's not. Why shouldn't your soldiers and ex soldiers, off duty police officers, ex police officers and responsible citizens not be allowed to carry after such a background check and going through such a course.

I garuntee you that if you found yourself trapped and a gunman was shooting people like fish in a barrel, you would be praying to Jesus you or someone else had a way to end it instead of just waiting your turn. Gunmen such as this don't expect people to have the ability to defend themselves against them. It ain't like the gunmen have ESP and seek the concealed carry guys out first. They are so caught up in killing people like fish in a barrel that they don't notice the citizen that just killed them and neutralized the threat to others. Even if you miss, when they realize the people they thought were fish in a barrel are really not and are armed, the perps turn to cowards and flee.

You have lagitament fears of improper use of firearms but if your fears are so strong that you had rather have someone pull their phone and dial the police then wait on the police to show up, then make a plan of attack so be it. I reserve the right to live and for myself and others to be able to defend ourselves against against people who are trying to kill us. By the time the police are able to act, the fish are usually all dead and if not the terrorists just blow themselves up in an effort to kill everyone else before the police can get to them to kill them before they do more damage.

I'll not comment any further on this subject as I don't care to get into a back and forth exchange but did want to give yall a little insight as to what actually takes place with concealed carry guys.

Me personally, I'd rather be accidently shot by friendly fire by someone trying to protect myself and others and themselves rather than waiting my turn for an execution by a madman / men if such an accident happened. We dont live in a perfect world but and calling time out to talk about this don't work, calling attention to yourself means your just the next person to die in these aituations. Yall want to wait on a perfect non violent solution, you'll never get it, as said we don't live in a perfect world and if we did wouldn't we already have a a solution that suits you? You don't have a solution and your waiting for one that's suits everyone that's non violent. Good luck with that. Maybe they will pass a law making terrorism illegal lol.

• Like 9

Maybe so in yalls countries but here in North America the concealed carry citizens are not dumb@$$'s. It's not just a license you go down and purchase and then you have the right to carry, it's a course that consists of many things. Back ground checks are done, qualifing with a pistol is done, and also what happens after you use your weapon in defense of yourself or otheres and the legal trouble you might have to battle against. The course covers when it is acceptable to use your gun in defense and when it's not. Why shouldn't your soldiers and ex soldiers, off duty police officers, ex police officers and responsible citizens not be allowed to carry after such a background check and going through such a course.

I garuntee you that if you found yourself trapped and a gunman was shooting people like fish in a barrel, you would be praying to Jesus you or someone else had a way to end it instead of just waiting your turn. Gunmen such as this don't expect people to have the ability to defend themselves against them. It ain't like the gunmen have ESP and seek the concealed carry guys out first. They are so caught up in killing people like fish in a barrel that they don't notice the citizen that just killed them and neutralized the threat to others. Even if you miss, when they realize the people they thought were fish in a barrel are really not and are armed, the perps turn to cowards and flee.

You have lagitament fears of improper use of firearms but if your fears are so strong that you had rather have someone pull their phone and dial the police then wait on the police to show up, then make a plan of attack so be it. I reserve the right to live and for myself and others to be able to defend ourselves against against people who are trying to kill us. By the time the police are able to act, the fish are usually all dead and if not the terrorists just blow themselves up in an effort to kill everyone else before the police can get to them to kill them before they do more damage.

I'll not comment any further on this subject as I don't care to get into a back and forth exchange but did want to give yall a little insight as to what actually takes place with concealed carry guys.

Me personally, I'd rather be accidently shot by friendly fire by someone trying to protect myself and others and themselves rather than waiting my turn for an execution by a madman / men if such an accident happened. We dont live in a perfect world but and calling time out to talk about this don't work, calling attention to yourself means your just the next person to die in these aituations. Yall want to wait on a perfect non violent solution, you'll never get it, as said we don't live in a perfect world and if we did wouldn't we already have a a solution that suits you? You don't have a solution and your waiting for one that's suits everyone that's non violent. Good luck with that. Maybe they will pass a law making terrorism illegal lol.

How many mass shootings in America have been ended by a citizen with a CCW? :hmm:

• Like 2

How many mass shootings in America have been ended by a citizen with a CCW? :hmm:

If the ccw carrier ended it, it didn't become a mass shooting...... :whistling:

Good point :laugh:

Attempted mass shootings then ;)

A bunch! Mainstream media doesn't make a big deal of it because they hate the idea of giving the NRA and like minded organizations and like minded people any credit but it does happen every day here. Be it stopping mass shooting from taken place or small time robbery and murder. In the mass shooting that take place and are cut short by a person with a concealed weapon, all survivors give interviews saying the body count would have been much more had it been for the individual that pulled his concealed weapon and shot the perp. Never hear about those interview do ya. Got to watch something other than mainstream media. Their are still good reporters and investigative journalists out there working for small independent news organizations. Now and then even a major media outlet will give credit to a CCW citizen but not often.

Most murders and robberies forted by CCW guys is never reported but many many happen everyday. Why you think our rogue liberal government is so unsuccessful at taken away our guns. Too much evidence and examples happening every day here we can use to shoot down their bills they try to pass to take away our guns. I've not known of any instances where the body count was higher do to a CCW pulling and putting an end to such events. I'm sure accidents happen but it would have always been much worse but i cant name a single misshap. All the best to ya!

• Like 4

A bunch! Mainstream media doesn't make a big deal of it because they hate the idea of giving the NRA and like minded organizations and like minded people any credit but it does happen every day here. Be it stopping mass shooting from taken place or small time robbery and murder. In the mass shooting that take place and are cut short by a person with a concealed weapon, all survivors give interviews saying the body count would have been much more had it been for the individual that pulled his concealed weapon and shot the perp. Never hear about those interview do ya. Got to watch something other than mainstream media. Their are still good reporters and investigative journalists out there working for small independent news organizations. Now and then even a major media outlet will give credit to a CCW citizen but not often.

Most murders and robberies forted by CCW guys is never reported but many many happen everyday. Why you think our rogue liberal government is so unsuccessful at taken away our guns. Too much evidence and examples happening every day here we can use to shoot down their bills they try to pass to take away our guns. I've not known of any instances where the body count was higher do to a CCW pulling and putting an end to such events. I'm sure accidents happen but it would have always been much worse but i cant name a single misshap. All the best to ya!

Fair play can understand why we wouldn't hear so much about the shootings that are stopped, good stories about guns don't sell as many papers as high body counts :no:

• Like 1

In the light of the Paris shootings I think the law needs to change to allow let's say 20% of the general,population of that country carry a concealed weapon ... The people vetted and licensed should be ex firearm police officers and ex servicemen that have done a minimum time in the forces of ten years and were qualified weapon instructors ... If only one person had a weapon in that rock concert the fatalities would have been much lower ......

• Like 2

If the ccw carrier ended it, it didn't become a mass shooting...... :whistling:

Good point :laugh:

Attempted mass shootings then ;)

Mass shootings almost always take place in places where guns are banned! Schools, cinemas etc.

In the light of the Paris shootings I think needs to change to allow let's say 20% of the general,population of that country carry a concealed weapon ... The people vetted and licensed should be ex firearm police officers and ex servicemen that have done a minimum time in the forces of ten years and were qualified weapon instructors ... If only one person had a weapon in that rock concert the fatalities would have been much lower ......

Socks, you are right on. Not many people here compared to the population as a whole carry concealed firearms.

What happens here is the few responsible people are allowed to carry. Most people wouldn't carry a firearm even if they could which is great. You don't need most people carrying but it's good to have the responsible people packing. Once you have been through a CCW course, you won't pull your gun unless it's life or death because of the huge legal battle you will sometimes find yourself in, in what you think would be a no brainer. When you stand in the right and use your weapon only when it's appropriate, their will be people who will fight for your defense such as the NRA and get you off. Use your weapon when it's not warranted and you are likely to have life sentence handed down to you. After going through the course, you won't pull your weapon of its not appropriate, I'm pretty sure of it lol.

Why disarm the few that are responsible who would save you and others. Pansies don't protect you and otheres or themselves but sure appreciate it when someone who isn't a pansy steps up and saves them, be it in a robbery, rape, murder, or terrism. This day in time out bravery and self relience etc has gone to crap. We should encourage bravery and honor and responsibility in today's time. Terrism feeds upon the week and vulnerable and unsuspecting. Why be a target and why stand by and wait in line for your turn at the end of a barrel. Terrorists are cowards that prey upon the defensless.

• Like 2

Never happen here thank god, background checks didn't stop nutters like Hamilton in Dunblane. Here's an idea it's a bit radical I'll admit, but maybe if we just stopped selling arms to the Middle East it would be a lot harder for terrorists to get hold of weapons and use them against unarmed citizens