hello gents can anyone recommend me a camera to use for my set up please ? i bought a cheap reversing camera off e bay but i struggled to get it mounted and ended up breaking it . i've been told an e 700 from sure 24 is the one to get but they are out of stock . any recommendations or suggestion please ?

I MANAGED TO FIND A E 700 on e bay and i've bought a 16mm lens again on e bay .. all i have to do is take off the ir filter which looks easy enough ..some guy on the night vision builder page on fb said someone called irnightvision sells them ...

• Like 1

Mine was ready made when I baught it so don't know anything about removing ir filters etc. there's a good night vision forum iv been told maybe worth a nosey!

yeah had a look ,there are some good videos on youtube showing how to remove them looks easy enough .. cheers buddy ..

• 4 weeks later...

i got the e700 today and wired it up and wow what a vast improvement! the link to the right one with ir filter removed is here.......

http://www.sure24.co.uk/solutions/night-vision/kpc-e700pub-16b-s-board-cam-ir-filter-removed-16mm-board-lens-1-3-700-tvl-30mm-sq-12v-dc-internal.html

its totally transformed my nv set up.

I have just stripped my night vision off my weaver rail that attached every thing with one bolt to the rifle very handy but I have turned it into a spotter and find it better fox foxing I just call theme in Wath with the NV [BANNED TEXT] it's in range flick the rifle mounted torch on and shoot fast.

When I win the lottery a thermal scope and thermal spotter

• 3 months later...

The E700 will be the best board camera to use in most builds. A lot of people have tried the cheaper route and have been happy with the results, But the E700 is hard to beat. If you buy from Sure24 they will even remove the IR filter for you. For a better idea of various home brew builds it's worth getting on the night vision forum.

• Like 1

The kpc-e700pub camera ir filter removed and 16mm lens from sure24 is totally different to the normal 'e700' types that are advertised all over tinterweb,it has a much higher spec... if you dont buy it from their website or their evilbay advert,then it wont be the same.Having said that,a normal 'e700' camera with sony chip is still a good camera.