Shotgun Renewal Form

just got my renewal form for regulated weapons, seems to be alot more questions to answer than last time,the question relating to any convictions states you declare every thing doesthis relate to minor driving offences from way back or police cautions,also when buying or selling a regulated weapon do you both need to exchange certificate numbers and are there any other paper work involved.any comments would be helpful many thanks

When you buy or sell a gun you need to complete a form and send it off to your local FEO with your cert number, the cert number or dealer number from where you got it (so yes, you need to see the other persons documentation or you could be buying a moody gun from an unlicensed source) and the description and serial number of the weapon on it. You then add this to your certificate yourself. You should know this surely if you already have a certificate?

Not sure on the new forms as to convictions etc as I haven't had to fill one in for about 3 years, but any and all brushes with the law will come up when they do a check on you.

Have to disagree with the above post. The only time you ever write on your own ticket is to sign it.

When you buy a shotgun from someone, THEY fill in the particulars on your SGC and you notify your Firearms Enquiry Team within 7 days.

When you sell a shotgun, you fill in the other person's SGC and notify your FET of the sale within 7 days.

If you've presumably had your old SGC for at least 5 years, have you never bought or sold a gun before?

Have to disagree with the above post. The only time you ever write on your own ticket is to sign it.

When you buy a shotgun from someone, THEY fill in the particulars on your SGC and you notify your Firearms Enquiry Team within 7 days.

When you sell a shotgun, you fill in the other person's SGC and notify your FET of the sale within 7 days.

If you've presumably had your old SGC for at least 5 years, have you never bought or sold a gun before?

You are probably right, I have only ever bought and sold through RFD and they are always filling in the forms, I always thought if I did a private sale I would do it myself, hey ho.

• Like 1