Association Of Working Lurcher/longdogs ( Awl )

I wouldn't joim a club, what I do is my business. I merely stated you didnt answer a single of traceys questions which you didn't!

do you and giros club not write for te same magazine???
do you and I drive on the same motorway?!
nope
Are you sure?
if you don't live in Northern Ireland then I'm def sure

then you are def correct
so do they or don't they? Lol

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a recent article written by Alan Tyer .   Alan is the Chairman of the AWL , some may of read a more streamlined version in the Countrymans Weekly.         The Association of Lurcher C

I was involved in the start with the other club but through work commitments and my wife needing 5 operations this year I just didn't have time to give to another project so I pulled out fairly early

Hunting is not a blood sport it's a sport that's in your blood ! Happy hunting

Posted Images

But if we were on the same motorway then we would be moving in the same direction not stopping and fighting, maybe it's time to show that it's best moving in the same direction without the infighting

Most of us are.

• 4 months later...

The Changing Season of the AWL

It is with great sadness that I write to inform you that, due to ill health, Mr Alan Tyer has unfortunately had to stand down as the Chairman of the AWL. He will, however, remain as a consultant to aid the incoming AWL Chairperson.

Alan was the founder of the former ALC, which hosted the famous Forley Cup, and he has worked tirelessly for the working lurcher for many years, particularly during the period prior to the enactment of the Hunting Act 2004, his submissions have most surely saved what little we have left in the pursuit of our legal quarry here in the UK.

A keen coursing man, one could say that it 'ran through his veins', Alan was to be found the length and breadth of Britain enjoying his coursing.

I for one cannot speak highly enough of this gentleman, who is kind and generous with his time, knowledge and effort, the 'Lurcher World' owes him a great deal.

The AWL has asked the members to nominate someone who they believe would be a suitable replacement, sadly all nominated parties have declined.

The Committee have therefore decided to seek a suitable candidate out ,with the AWL membership to fill this position.

We are looking for an individual who has the vision and foresight to take the club forward and continue to raise the profile of the modern day working lurcher. The chairperson must be readily available and have the commitment to invest time and energy into the club, liaising with reporting media and public alike while promoting the best practices and professional standards that the AWL expects of its membership.

The incoming chairperson will hold a seat on the C.O.H. once protocols have been adhered to, this in itself is a challenging and important role requiring both dedication

and professionalism.

Should you feel that you are qualified and willing to invest your time as the new AWL chairperson you will need to join the AWL and put yourself forward to be considered for the position.

The joining fee is £6, of which £1 will be donated to Lurcher Link. Payment details can be found on the website, the subscription covering membership until January 2017.

http://www.awll.co.uk/wp/

Make Your submission to myself, Jayne Moyses ( acting Chairperson ) at :-

windmill.lurchers@btinternet.com

The members will then vote on Your submission, as we strive to make everything a clear and democratic process.

A final word from myself, a huge thank You to Alan, for being the very backbone that drove us forward to this point, a true Gent and great friend .

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Flynn, Desert bred, Trenchfoot and Peterhunter, etc. When you have an old car, and first the clutch goes, then the handbrake cable needs renewing, it's not starting when it's cold and you doubt that it will pass it's MOT, you know it is time to take it to the scrap yard and get something newer. Well that is sort of where I am at,, the scrapyard beckons. But it will not be for a while yet. A push start will still get me going!. I just hope that many of the new generation of working dog owners will have as just long a coursing career as I have had (I had my first Lurcher in 1961) and will meet as many great coursing men/women and dogs as I have. Having said that you must ALL fight for your sport. you must follow the example of Flynn and members of the AWL. Through the AWL you all have a voice on the Council of Hunting Associations, which leads the way in the fight,(WHICH IS NOT YET LOST) if we are not in the loop we will be discounted.

Keep up the fight

Besr regards

Alan.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok then I have talked to Countryside alliance and the gave me a bad answer to my questions and was no help so I will join AWL everyone say we should stick together so I am going to give it a try.

I have been running dogs for 55 years and I hate to see my sport get brushed under the carpet I will try get all my friends to join so where do we start.

Can someone PM me about joining and how I am out of the country working right now and will be home on Wednesday but if we join we have to have a voice as right now we are loosing our sport.

Regards,

BS

• Like 1