Association Of Working Lurcher/longdogs ( Awl )

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a recent article written by Alan Tyer .   Alan is the Chairman of the AWL , some may of read a more streamlined version in the Countrymans Weekly.         The Association of Lurcher C

I was involved in the start with the other club but through work commitments and my wife needing 5 operations this year I just didn't have time to give to another project so I pulled out fairly early

Hunting is not a blood sport it's a sport that's in your blood ! Happy hunting

Posted Images

So then giro what are the thinhs that have been righted?

its a secret under the official secrets act :D

I have no axe to grind in any way here, but it does seem to me that if I was a member of the AWL and I got pulled for lamping rabbits, and they sorted it out for me. I would not like it made common knowledge on an internet forum.

TC

Its called the Data protection act actually lol..

the Data protection act 1984 to be precise :tongue2::laugh:

I have no axe to grind in any way here, but it does seem to me that if I was a member of the AWL and I got pulled for lamping rabbits, and they sorted it out for me. I would not like it made common knowledge on an internet forum.

TC

again i find that very strange, they could have called him man X and the dog, Dog Y. the rabbits would be exhibit A and the land Location D2 :whistling:

Well done to all involved for getting the AWL off the ground. It takes a lot of determination, time, patients and balls to get something like this going. You are never going to please everyone all of the time and there will be plenty of critics that will try to undermine what you do, but have little to offer themselves regards positive ideas or willingness to actually actively engage "with" AWL goals or other dog men.

Small bit of advice would be to keep AWL business off THL as its not the place to discuss business unless it officially warranted.

Good luck to all those involved.

Regards, Corkman

Edited by Corkman
  • Like 3

Reading some of the recent posts, some reasonable questions have been asked and various reasons offered why some cannot be answered possibly not advisable on a public.forum. I do how ever have an uneasy feeling that the AWL seems to be slipping into the die hard habits of the old regime. Dont want to be accountable and seem to be flexing muscles as they seem to be of the opinion they are the only kids on the block. The representation that is talked about rolls of the tongues but then it is contradicted by words and actions e.g trying to rekindle embers and open old superficial wounds. Those who are on the "COMMITEE" want to grow up a lIttle as there are plentY of wrongs still to be righted as is evident from recent posts Perhaps Mr Tyer could advise any potential members of actions accomplished and his feelings regarding progress of the AWL.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

Guys you've made it clear from the off, you have no support or geniuine intrest in what the AWL are doing..

You make a demand desert bread and expect Alan should just jump..

Alan made a statement in last week's cmw following the one show..

The surface is barely scratched and the AWL are working on various avenues..

No muscle flexing or jovinal behaviour here..

I don't know how you've come to that perception.

I've stated this from the beginning.. Its not fair to tell the critics and none members any information before the AWL members have been privy to such information.

We have had some excellent support and generosity and hope to continue the good work.

Look Giro its not a Demand you want to post on a public forum expect Questions Alan Tyer is chair of the AWL or President and I dont think he would have any objections responding to my questions. So get of your tricycle sonny.your a snotty nose, so grow up and put your brain in gear before you start flapping your gums.