Association Of Working Lurcher/longdogs ( Awl )

Hello giro/ flynn did you see the documentary bb2 last night, about the sealyhams, few of lads say it was a good shine on the dog world in general, one of the chaps suggested getting in contact with the filmmaker, an see if we could russel up ( excuse the pun ) a documentary of working dogs.

Just a thought atb

• Like 2

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a recent article written by Alan Tyer .   Alan is the Chairman of the AWL , some may of read a more streamlined version in the Countrymans Weekly.         The Association of Lurcher C

I was involved in the start with the other club but through work commitments and my wife needing 5 operations this year I just didn't have time to give to another project so I pulled out fairly early

Hunting is not a blood sport it's a sport that's in your blood ! Happy hunting

Posted Images

Thank for the heads up Francie, i will watch it on the i player , and take it from there.

The AWL has thus far righted many wrongs, to date.

What we find is folk standing on the side lines , telling us what to do, yet failing to take part in what we do.

A bit like clapping on the troops as they march into battle.

This is not aimed at any one in particular, just an observation.

For those who have joined us, and others that have just donated we thank You.

Thank for the heads up Francie, i will watch it on the i player , and take it from there.

What we find is folk standing on the side lines , telling us what to do, yet failing to take part in what we do.

can you share with us then?

that would be gloating, we just get down to the jobs in hand.

No, i think that would be backing up, what you said above, how can an association that represents the working lurcher thinks its gloating to publish "the wrongs it has righted" so far, a very strange comment to make :blink: and before you start with i am biased bla, bla, you posted it and as such i am genuinely interested as to what these righted wrongs are, maybe it will swell your membership.

• Like 1

I'd also be interested to hear what "wrongs have been put right"? I have to admit being one of those sitting on the fence but perhaps a heads up on the above would enlighten me and steer me towards becoming a member? ATB

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

No, i think that would be backing up, what you said above, how can an association that represents the working lurcher thinks its gloating to publish "the wrongs it has righted" so far, a very strange comment to make :blink: and before you start with i am biased bla, bla, you posted it and as such i am genuinely interested as to what these righted wrongs are, maybe it will swell your membership.

Given the fact I am duty bound to confidentiality, what wrongs would You like to see righted?

I'd also be interested to hear what "wrongs have been put right"? I have to admit being one of those sitting on the fence but perhaps a heads up on the above would enlighten me and steer me towards becoming a member? ATB

With all due respect Fuji, You are a none conformist, I doubt a club would suit Your way of life, not the constraints of a code of conduct, enjoy Your journey.

It's the list of rules you'd have to follow that's off putting.

they haven't done anything but give mark prick an ego boost

which rules put You off SHH?

I rather think Young Bradley has out shone most.....

Given the fact I am duty bound to confidentiality, what wrongs would You like to see righted?

So, you can not tell me what wrongs have been put right as its a secret but you want me tell you what wrongs i want you to put right :blink: how would i know what you have done if its kept a secret :hmm::laugh:

With all due respect Fuji, You are a none conformist, I doubt a club would suit Your way of life, not the constraints of a code of conduct, enjoy Your journey.

The AWLL is not a club. It is an association for working lurchers and longdogs. Fuji works both it is his decision to join or not. And I'm sure you would happily accept his membership fee if he did. Or are you selecting who you deem suitable to join?

Members decide wether or not they wish to join however they have to adhere to the code of conduct..

That may cause some dielema for some..

South ham if you don't like the code of conduct that's your perogative.

Awll.co.uk

The members have to agree to the terms of the code of conduct. If they are found guilty of breeching them, the club will not be able to defend that member; is how it was described. That does not exclude people for wanting to be involved with an association who's premise is to defend and promote the role of the working lurcher/longdog.