Jumping Pics...

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does this one count? He's more running over them but he had to jump to get there lol.  

Posted Images

barbed wire, electric fences. stock fencing, hedges, ditches and all manor of other obstacles will be in your dogs way. in both day and nigh time, the dog must know how to deal with these obstacles and jumping is part of the game.

barbed wire, electric fences. stock fencing, hedges, ditches and all manor of other obstacles will be in your dogs way. in both day and nigh time, the dog must know how to deal with these obstacles and jumping is part of the game.

There was a lad said on here a short while back that his dog was practically gutted by barb wire and had to be pts.

So I can see how some people don't like a dog to jump. And some do. I've never had any of my dogs jump I would rather take 10 seconds to lift them over jump over myself job done.

There was a lad said on here a short while back that his dog was practically gutted by barb wire and had to be pts.

So I can see how some people don't like a dog to jump. And some do. I've never had any of my dogs jump I would rather take 10 seconds to lift them over jump over myself job done.

had dogs de-glove whole legs on the stuff, but i do not see how a lurcher can be trained not to jump, its instinct and comes from a build up in confidence over time. its like a dog that wont smash cover on the lamp, something is missing, you can not wrap them in cotton wool and then call them working dogs,

I totally understand were you are coming from Paulus.yes I have had dogs that would jump and have but I've never encouraged them to jump.and give the command to stop by a fence and lift them over they probably get used to me lifting them mate.

I know I would be well pissed off if my dog got badly injured on barb wire and the wire over the field behind my house is some of the biggest I've seen.its not far off 15mm.

I totally understand were you are coming from Paulus.yes I have had dogs that would jump and have but I've never encouraged them to jump.and give the command to stop by a fence and lift them over they probably get used to me lifting them mate.

I know I would be well pissed off if my dog got badly injured on barb wire and the wire over the field behind my house is some of the biggest I've seen.its not far off 15mm.

we have 3 strands of it all around here the middle stand is at a lethal height for a dog running at full tilt plus there could well be an electric fence in front of it if the cows have been pushing against it.

I just don't see the need too jump mate.I don't like it your young bitch is close to the wire on every pic I seen.f**k that.not a dig gaz its just not for me.

Each to their own fella.

I think people worry too much and think lurchers are more fragile than they really are.

Seen dogs hung up on fences and had to be lifted off resulting in small skin tears or bit of fur taken away. They don't open up and die cuz they hit a fence. Lol.

Sure there's always the odd bad accident to be had, usually when barbed wire and speed are concerned.

But like I said earlier, we are slipping them on fast quarry in the dark, where all manor of obstacles are present, yet some hesitate to ask them jump a fence?

I like seeing a dog jump, it's a bit of a requirement around my way and part and parcel of working dogs for me.

This thread wasn't a debate about wether or not people agree with it.

I just wanted the folk on the same page as me to share pics.

Happy hunting folks and each to their own, may you lads who pick your dogs up continue to do so and hope you don't get a 60lb dog next time. Haha ?

• Like 1