Jumping Pics...

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does this one count? He's more running over them but he had to jump to get there lol.  

Posted Images

a dog is not designed to jump and fall from heights,, like a cat,,,, iff you was to jump over every think,,, the odds are you will come a cropper,,i learn a dog to go under a gate even iff its side on,,, lets just say every time you slip your dog its out of our hands,,,,,, the more we can do to liminate injuries the better,,, a lad near me last month and hes not the 1st is dog ended its carreer by jumping a 5 bar gate,, the dog could of gone under it,,, :icon_eek:ive bin out with somw lads they have let the dogs jump in the night,,,bricks hard core in gate ways,, jump sheep fence then theres barb wire behind that to stop cows pushing on the fence,,,ive seen the lot,,,

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 10

Deffo, last night we went over plenty some high and low gates plus some bad double fences Meg is a good jumper but some i lifted her over

for her safety and makes more sense so you dont spook the field at some points.

• Like 3

a dog is not designed to jump and fall from heights,, like a cat,,,, iff you was to jump over every think,,, the odds are you will come a cropper,,i learn a dog to go under a gate even iff its side on,,, lets just say every time you slip your dog its out of our hands,,,,,, the more we can do to liminate injuries the better,,, a lad near me last month and hes not the 1st is dog ended its carreer by jumping a 5 bar gate,, the dog could of gone under it,,, :icon_eek:ive bin out with somw lads they have let the dogs jump in the night,,,bricks hard core in gate ways,, jump sheep fence then theres barb wire behind that to stop cows pushing on the fence,,,ive seen the lot,,,

I agree with you. Just didn't understand you with how you worded it.

Both of my dogs go around or under where possible before they go over ?

:laugh:@ Tiercel...

Not realy a fan of unnecessary, 'up and over', posed images...

Never have been and as I have been saying all my life,..the job is plenty dangerous enough, without playing silly beggars for a photo opportunity. I think a cameraman can get the same idea of a lurcher leaping a safe object, without fecking about around barbed wire fences and suchlike...

In saying that,.the more competent, skillful and familiar a working dog is, with all the required disciplines,..the better. :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1