New Lurcher Association On Facebook ,

Wonderful words Jane!

For over twenty years now those that wish to fight for the working dog man/woman have had to fight not only the anti field sports crew but also to fight those who should be on our side, but for reasons of their own can only call from the sidelines. People who cannot use their own name but hide under various usernames. The A.W.L. and before that the A.L.C. stands for the ordinary working dog man/woman. you are the people that matter. Picking holes in photos and text that they do not understand and expecting us to be PC in case we put a foot wrong is playing into the hands of the antis. Our detractors are doing the job for the them. Yes, we are aware that the antis will jump on any mistake we make (not unlike our detractors) yes we must be careful not to publish anything that could be seen as illegal, but we must stand and be counted. we are proud of our country sports and if we don't fight for them who will?

If they wish to support the fight for a repeal, fight the antis, not the very organisation that supports the working dog

man/woman.

Alan Tyer.

Chairman

A.W.L.

To be honest Alan if you think setting up a Facebook page about lurchers and a website and asking for £11 of someone's money to be a member is the way forward you must be mad it will not achieve anything at all.except someone out of pocket for £11.

if you think it will can you tell me what you hope to achieve.

100,000 people demonstrated in London about poll tax and that did nothing. And you saying people using usernames.do you honestly expect people on here to use there real names.then post threads about there dogs/days out etc. So the dodgy folk among us can track them down via the Internet and steal there dogs etc.all the organisations in the world don't really Matter when you are out with the dog.ban or no ban I think people just do what they want when they want.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Armchair hunters springs to mind. Some folk like to keep photos of dogs past and present and that is fine. Keeping photos of ferreting, lamping rabbits on permission is fine. However banging photos o

Yes fella..   We hope to be adding full mebership details, along with some for information ASAP.   We will be happy to help people, who are unsure of using electronic sign up and will deal with

There's loads of them groups anyways just join a diff one.   Theyre all shite anyways people talking shite, posting pics of illegal hunting and mouthing off to each other over the computer like som

Posted Images

sorry asossaition of working lurchers lol but for me lurchers runing dogs were a one man thing not a club they were owned by people who were poachers only recently the lurcher became an honest hunting dog and quite rightly to at times

I really dont get the crys for photographs.

If you want to see dog work in action, put yer boots on and get out hunting!

Do You know I think i was looking at a photo of You a couple of weekends back, You would be much Younger mind,
Was he wearing that big old scouse head of his ?

Haha, yes well, I couldn't pick Bosun out as i dont know him at all, it was a photo, of a group of Young lads on a day out with Alan and co. he has the photo and it was a black and white photo, so i dare say Boson is not in the flush of Youth. the M.W.T& L.C

• Like 1

Wonderful words Jane!

For over twenty years now those that wish to fight for the working dog man/woman have had to fight not only the anti field sports crew but also to fight those who should be on our side, but for reasons of their own can only call from the sidelines. People who cannot use their own name but hide under various usernames. The A.W.L. and before that the A.L.C. stands for the ordinary working dog man/woman. you are the people that matter. Picking holes in photos and text that they do not understand and expecting us to be PC in case we put a foot wrong is playing into the hands of the antis. Our detractors are doing the job for the them. Yes, we are aware that the antis will jump on any mistake we make (not unlike our detractors) yes we must be careful not to publish anything that could be seen as illegal, but we must stand and be counted. we are proud of our country sports and if we don't fight for them who will?

If they wish to support the fight for a repeal, fight the antis, not the very organisation that supports the working dog

man/woman.

Alan Tyer.

Chairman

A.W.L.

To be honest Alan if you think setting up a Facebook page about lurchers and a website and asking for £11 of someone's money to be a member is the way forward you must be mad it will not achieve anything at all.except someone out of pocket for £11.

if you think it will can you tell me what you hope to achieve.

100,000 people demonstrated in London about poll tax and that did nothing. And you saying people using usernames.do you honestly expect people on here to use there real names.then post threads about there dogs/days out etc. So the dodgy folk among us can track them down via the Internet and steal there dogs etc.all the organisations in the world don't really Matter when you are out with the dog.ban or no ban I think people just do what they want when they want.

King thank you for your questions mate..

Hopefully I can cast a little more light on the subject.

The AWL & Alan have made their intentions clear on many Threads/posts.

The ultimate goal would be a repeal in the hunting act or at least an amendment in the law.

I hear what you’re saying regarding the council tax & obviously we were defeated before and lost out liberty to hunt as we know, pre 2005.

Lurcher work along with all forms of hunting, are at risk.

The AWL wishes to protect the lurcher’s heritage and prevent further erosion of our way of life.

To be able to do this, lurcher folks need some formal representation.

Why not try and fight??

Why let others choose our fate??

£11 is nothing.

If hunting with dogs is something we are passionate about, would we begrudge giving 90p (ish ) a month to something worthwhile??

If Alan is going to London to speak on the behalf of all lurcher owners.. Not just the club members but anyone one with a lurcher, would we expect him to finance all his travel costs??

We need to support each other in this.

I think the comment about the user name is, some people hide behind them.

They are faceless critics with nothing positive to say , they dont post anything of any intrest or value.

Alan has a user name like everyone, however we know who he is and what he belives in.

If youve got any thoughts how the club could be more succsesful, please get in touch .

The clubs not taken any money as of yet, however the plan is to start taking membership soon.

Some people have told me they dont wish to join but will donate a few quid.

I thank them and hope we can make some difference, for the lurcher community.

I think we have to be realistic but have a little optimism.

Folk stated the CA were not promoting or referencing lurcher work.

They have made some postive comments, regarding Craigs article on Twitter & Facebook.

We have further work to do alongside the CA and are gratful for there support .

https://www.(!64.56:886/permalink.php?story_fbid=1007992659239330&id=116283685076903

https://www.(!64.56:886/The-Association-for-the-Working-LurcherLongdogs-342517515297/?fref=ts

http://www.awll.co.uk/wp/

post-3937-0-83784800-1447868358_thumb.jpg

#TeamAWL

• Like 1

In reply to king,

1/ Setting up a website and a facebook page enables the AWL to keep members informed regarding the current situation of the repeal of the hunting ban, it also helps members keep up to date with the situation regarding the AWL, it is of interest to members and non members with articles, photos, information regarding Lurcher/Longdog breeding etc, it contains stories provided by members. To say that one website is pointless is to say all websites are pointless. If you are a loner, then I respect that, just as you will no doubt respect the fact that many people enjoy reading Lurcher work articles etc. The Hunting Life is a web site, a great web site, are you saying that it is pointless? It too has to have a income to survive. We do not advertise. our income comes from membership. Many people do not wish to poach or go on land without the permission of the land owner, ( I am not saying that you do) they wish to work their dog in a legal manner. To help these people, both by advice and by helping to repeal the hunting ban and at the same time to entertain them and allowing them to have say, this is the reason for the AWL.

2/ What do I hope to achieve?

All of the above.

3/ Do I honestly expect folk to use their real names?

No I don't! there is a very good reason for user names as you so rightly say. I use one myself. The reason I use my own name (in this instance) is because I stand by what I say and put my name to it, On many other web sites i use my user name. As regards your remark regarding dodgy folk, I agree with what you say. I am in the position of only having one dog, which, like me, has seen better days. It is just happy to sleep in front of the fire.

4/

Yes people should do just what they want and the success of the start of the AWL proves that many people will do just that and join the AWL

Regards

Alan.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys giro and courser.

Thl is a great forum web site.but it doesent try to change a law that to be quite honest ain't going To change anytime soon if at all. And yes hands up I have poached in the past.nothing to hide there have I broken hunting laws maybe maybe not.

I just think the awl is wasting it's time completely. I think you would all do better by getting your boots on and get out with your lurchers rather than trying to fight the laws of the land.

I've not got any problem with the awl or other association trying to get laws changed.i just think you have got 1 hell of a battle on your hands and the odds of getting a law changed is minute..

Cheers King.

Thl is a great forum web site.but it doesent try to change a law that to be quite honest ain't going To change anytime soon if at all. And yes hands up I have poached in the past.nothing to hide there have I broken hunting laws maybe maybe not.

I just think the awl is wasting it's time completely. I think you would all do better by getting your boots on and get out with your lurchers rather than trying to fight the laws of the land.

I've not got any problem with the awl or other association trying to get laws changed.i just think you have got 1 hell of a battle on your hands and the odds of getting a law changed is minute..

Cheers King.

My coats still soaking from last night mate..

Ive been out today and am out again tomorrow..

Im no keyboard warrior . Im giving some spare time to something thats import to me ..

I personally have nothing to loose..

£11 quid and a bit of pride..

Small potatoes really :victory:

• Like 1

Cheers King.

Im no keyboard warrior . Im giving some spare time to something thats import to me ..

like I said I've nothing against any groups or anyone for that matter.each to there own mate.hope you have a good season cheers king

Cheers King.

like I said I've nothing against any groups or anyone for that matter.each to there own mate.hope you have a good season cheers king

Cheers same to you fella ..