RussBoy

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We Bush to both mate.my advice is never buy a red bushing dog..ha

I have done both with my bushing dog...But something pushed out and CAUGHT as opposed to pushed out and SHOT is far better - I would take the Lurcher over the gun ANY DAY.

Collies just started bleeding today so think o will line a nice whippet or similar up for her

We occasionally use the the shotgun when bushing with the terriers but I prefer to run the lurchers personally. One of my brothers old border terriers was ill recently and as part of the investigation had an X-Ray showed up and heart condition and a few shots of lead oooppps never did think he was a good shot lol

Edited by matt1979

Used to bush to the gun a fair bit with my old lurcher. We had some good days and bagged a good variety including squirrel, wood pigeon, pheasant, duck, rabbit and fox. She had a fantastic nose and wasn't scared to crash through cover...

00E04070-F90B-4952-90EF-1668A91FEE89_zps

a lurcher crashing cover in persuit of quarry aint no busher though eh

• Like 1

Used to bush to the gun a fair bit with my old lurcher. We had some good days and bagged a good variety including squirrel, wood pigeon, pheasant, duck, rabbit and fox. She had a fantastic nose and wasn't scared to crash through cover...

She surprised a few

• Like 1

She surprised a few

some folk are easily pleased lol

• Like 1

Used to bush to the gun a fair bit with my old lurcher. We had some good days and bagged a good variety including squirrel, wood pigeon, pheasant, duck, rabbit and fox. She had a fantastic nose and wasn't scared to crash through cover...00E04070-F90B-4952-90EF-1668A91FEE89_zps

no way you hit that lol
  • 6 months later...

Was wondering anyone use Airedales for bushing to the gun mostly thinking for fox and coyote know a lot of you hunt fox but proble not to many have hunted coyote best way I could explain them is faster and smarter than fox and just about as strong in a fight as a wild hog

Used to bush to the gun a fair bit with my old lurcher. We had some good days and bagged a good variety including squirrel, wood pigeon, pheasant, duck, rabbit and fox. She had a fantastic nose and wasn't scared to crash through cover...00E04070-F90B-4952-90EF-1668A91FEE89_zps

no way you hit that lol

Haha I did. First and last. Lol

I have done both with my bushing dog...But something pushed out and CAUGHT as opposed to pushed out and SHOT is far better - I would take the Lurcher over the gun ANY DAY.

I nearly always hunt on my own with flushing dogs and a few runners and i always carry the shot gun. I much rather my dogs get the catch than shoot it but i hate seeing a fox get away so if one comes out in range it gets a charge of BB's. The country i hunt is pretty rough so the dogs often need all the help they can get.

• Like 1

I nearly always hunt on my own with flushing dogs and a few runners and i always carry the shot gun. I much rather my dogs get the catch than shoot it but i hate seeing a fox get away so if one comes out in range it gets a charge of BB's. The country i hunt is pretty rough so the dogs often need all the help they can get.

Me and Navek used to hunt the same. Where possible the lurchers would get the work but shotgun was always there as a backup and did get us a few bits and bobs.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

In my limited experience with terrier/whippets they are hit and miss keen and agile but then basically a terrier that can be 3 fields away in a blink of an eye mine was very willful re roaming miles off and bad recall and you wouldnt want to eat the rabs she caught!