Let's See Your Phone Shots !!

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/06/2019 at 20:53, Nicepix said:

A few photos from a trip to the Puy du Fou in Western France. There are lots of scheduled attractions including a birds exhibition that involves around 200 birds ranging from ravens, storks, egrets, vultures, buzzards, kites and other raptors all in the air at once. The handlers move about in the crowd so there are birds the size of a hang glider skimming over your head. Part of the show involves releasing an eagle and a peregrine falcon from cages suspended under a balloon 200 foot up. They stoop to a lure.

Eagle.jpg.225359a585c0c67cccdfa7488c65013e.jpg

801237053_FalconerandPeregrinehooded.jpg.03d9af3041d29506c94153efe04e74eb.jpg

1607946196_FalconerandPeregrine.jpg.0b42e60400c164af6883907c82701435.jpg

1974302177_LotsofBirds2.jpg.0f050083f556aaf76eaab2776d9b78ae.jpg

1649168577_WhiteRaptor.jpg.2bc2ed0c2237936feb7b4cf6edfba3ad.jpg

Another show involves a Roman Amphitheatre with sword fights, chariot racing, lions, tiger, the lot! 

1981272667_TigeratRomangames.jpg.9f9e4b33c4de5e17e22f03f212402754.jpg

The slaves are thrown into a small caged cart followed by the tiger!  About ten minutes later they all get out alive and better dressed than when they went in.

233201325_LionatRomanGames.jpg.35b74dd2c1f2db04de1be2854f3bb153.jpg

The lion and three lionesses refuse to attack the good guys

1898143500_ChariotRace.jpg.c3d90cc9a9258a7335d6c6df277e7ea3.jpg

Ben Hur eat your heart out. These guys didn't need any re-takes.

Falconer luring bird of prey.jpg

Goshawk.jpg

Low Flying  Vulture.jpg

Duck?  No DUCK!!!

Puy du Fou Lots of Birds.jpg

Stone me that looks a blindin day out that does,was it all the same show and is it like an annual thing or what ?....needs a bit of investigating this...excellent stuff ?

Cheers Gnasher. ?

The place is called Puy du Fou and it is located in the Vendee in western France, just south of Nantes and about 6 hours from Calais'

https://puydufou.com/en?language_content_entity=en

Within the Grand Parc there are at least 7 or 8 shows that are unmissable. Some are done at certain times, two or three times a day, such as the bird display. The Roman Amphitheatre is usually once a day and there are some things that you can access at any time including a WWI trench that you walk through and come out of the other end shell-shocked. All in all you need 2 or 3 days to see it all within the Grand Parc. Then at weekends there is a Cinescope night show that is absolutely unbelievable. It lasts about an hour and you come out with your head buzzing unable to believe how they have done it. At any one time there might be 2,000 actors in view along with all sorts of animals. 

There are plenty or bars and restaurants inside and the prices aren't that expensive; around €20 per person for a day in the Grand Parc and €25 for the big night show. All the shows in the parc are included in that price. The food and drink inside is good and no more expensive than you would pay outside. We stayed in our motorhome in the aire near to the site. There are hotels on site and plenty of Chambre d'Hote within easy travelling distance and even an excellent dog kennelling service just outside the main gates.

It cost us €85 each for three days entrance to the Grand Parc & one Cinescope show. €10 per night to park the motorhome and €11 per day to kennel the dog. That included leaving her until the Cinescope show finished around midnight. Meals were around €15 - €25 per person plus drinks.

What I would say is that if you intend to go next year you would need to book in October or November of this year for the Cinescope tickets as they sell out fast. The reading on the website about the shows is very under stated. Take it from me that most of them are mind blowing and I am not easily impressed.

14 hours ago, Nicepix said:

Cheers Gnasher. ?

The place is called Puy du Fou and it is located in the Vendee in western France, just south of Nantes and about 6 hours from Calais'

https://puydufou.com/en?language_content_entity=en

Within the Grand Parc there are at least 7 or 8 shows that are unmissable. Some are done at certain times, two or three times a day, such as the bird display. The Roman Amphitheatre is usually once a day and there are some things that you can access at any time including a WWI trench that you walk through and come out of the other end shell-shocked. All in all you need 2 or 3 days to see it all within the Grand Parc. Then at weekends there is a Cinescope night show that is absolutely unbelievable. It lasts about an hour and you come out with your head buzzing unable to believe how they have done it. At any one time there might be 2,000 actors in view along with all sorts of animals. 

There are plenty or bars and restaurants inside and the prices aren't that expensive; around €20 per person for a day in the Grand Parc and €25 for the big night show. All the shows in the parc are included in that price. The food and drink inside is good and no more expensive than you would pay outside. We stayed in our motorhome in the aire near to the site. There are hotels on site and plenty of Chambre d'Hote within easy travelling distance and even an excellent dog kennelling service just outside the main gates.

It cost us €85 each for three days entrance to the Grand Parc & one Cinescope show. €10 per night to park the motorhome and €11 per day to kennel the dog. That included leaving her until the Cinescope show finished around midnight. Meals were around €15 - €25 per person plus drinks.

What I would say is that if you intend to go next year you would need to book in October or November of this year for the Cinescope tickets as they sell out fast. The reading on the website about the shows is very under stated. Take it from me that most of them are mind blowing and I am not easily impressed.

I see thankyou mate,years ago i had a little place in Limoges which isnt a million miles from there but must admit i never heard of that place your on about...just had a good look over the website it looks fantastic think i,ll be giving that a go next year thanks again ?

3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I see thankyou mate,years ago i had a little place in Limoges which isnt a million miles from there but must admit i never heard of that place your on about...just had a good look over the website it looks fantastic think i,ll be giving that a go next year thanks again ?

It's the best kept secret in France. ?

Well worth a visit, but you need to book by November to be sure of a Cinescope ticket.

(We are only 40 minutes west of Limoges)

Sorry about the fingers. Mattiscombe sands near Startpoint nice little beach for the family or fishing after every body gone home and into the  dark. Worth finding if your down this way on holiday. Could be any were in the world when its like this. 

IMG_0503.jpeg.c7edce325476073207fd60e2d5edb185.jpeg

IMG_0501.jpeg.da0f35c43313df7d3455923e3f25d26f.jpeg

IMG_0502.jpeg.268b84e4160ba3bfd4ee163c8a84d59d.jpeg

Cheers Arry

• Like 2