The Brown Rat

Some good pics and write ups in 'out ratting'loving the differrent breeds.Looking forward to getting my coppies of the new book 'a year with the border ratters.Do most of my hunting in the border country myself,great place of beauty,great people great dogs ,wish I could say great weather as it can be bleak a lot of the time. But rain snow or shine myself and other like minded people are out there doing what we love with our dogs. Still plugging away at the rats week in week out no big numbers but great sport all the same .here's a few pics of the dogs doing there thing , happy hunting to all ,ATB Kieth J post-76374-0-60337900-1490105265.jpgpost-76374-0-82505900-1490105332.jpgpost-76374-0-63042600-1490105394.jpgpost-76374-0-69008300-1490105486.jpgpost-76374-0-07580600-1490105558.jpgpost-76374-0-36622100-1490105629.jpgpost-76374-0-50247300-1490105701.jpgpost-76374-0-59097100-1490105766.jpg

• Like 7

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Loathed by most,loved by a few,an unworthy opponent to some terrier men, yet a more than worthy opponent by others.Some like to kill the odd few now and then, others like myself hunt them on a weekly

Most of mine too.

foxbolter i'm not going to get pulled in to a debate over how strong a rat is or is not,ive bin working terriers for over 35 years and over twenty on other quarry, so i'll have my opinion and you have

Posted Images

The brown rat very weak animal sometimes couldn't survive in a cage trap in a night of rain the average brown rat can open its jaws a massive centimeter it can be killed by a miniature Yorkshire terrier with one fatal bite they are sometimes hunted by plumber terriers which owners think they are special because they can catch a rat and fight with it till the rat eventually loses the mighty battle and then as battle after battle with other rats

Mate in all honesty I am sure you are a nice lad and do work you're terriers but you're in danger of sounding like a complete dickhead, if the man likes ratting then that's what he likes doing, you might like bolting foxes like ur name says and I definatley have whitefeet :-))

All in good faith

Atb

Some good pics and write ups in 'out ratting'loving the differrent breeds.Looking forward to getting my coppies of the new book 'a year with the border ratters.Do most of my hunting in the border country myself,great place of beauty,great people great dogs ,wish I could say great weather as it can be bleak a lot of the time. But rain snow or shine myself and other like minded people are out there doing what we love with our dogs. Still plugging away at the rats week in week out no big numbers but great sport all the same .here's a few pics of the dogs doing there thing , happy hunting to all ,ATB Kieth J attachicon.gifIMG_0682.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0686.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0685.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0715.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0831.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0840.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0908.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0959.JPG

Nice to see you posting again and some great pics, I've got a nice ratting farm I've been waiting for the stack to get to the bottom layer, holes everywhere and no lack of food, outside and behind was lifting with them, 3 of us have been going and no great numbers, but all "big fat teddybears" we have only been getting numbers in the 20's each time but this week should be fun, I've put a lot of miles in the last week, been down to my mates in Swansea and Port Talbot, Oswestry the other day and been in Lytham st annes today, just walked in now, I will call in on my way to Scotland soon, I will ring you first, WM

• Like 1

The brown rat very weak animal sometimes couldn't survive in a cage trap in a night of rain the average brown rat can open its jaws a massive centimeter it can be killed by a miniature Yorkshire terrier with one fatal bite they are sometimes hunted by plumber terriers which owners think they are special because they can catch a rat and fight with it till the rat eventually loses the mighty battle and then as battle after battle with other rats

Mate in all honesty I am sure you are a nice lad and do work you're terriers but you're in danger of sounding like a complete dickhead, if the man likes ratting then that's what he likes doing, you might like bolting foxes like ur name says and I definatley have whitefeet :-))

All in good faith

Atb

Pay no attention to Foxbolter, he loves nature, despite what it did to him.

• Like 1

All in good faith

Atb

Pay no attention to Foxbolter, he loves nature, despite what it did to him.

Some good pics and write ups in 'out ratting'loving the differrent breeds.Looking forward to getting my coppies of the new book 'a year with the border ratters.Do most of my hunting in the border country myself,great place of beauty,great people great dogs ,wish I could say great weather as it can be bleak a lot of the time. But rain snow or shine myself and other like minded people are out there doing what we love with our dogs. Still plugging away at the rats week in week out no big numbers but great sport all the same .here's a few pics of the dogs doing there thing , happy hunting to all ,ATB Kieth J attachicon.gifIMG_0682.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0686.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0685.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0715.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0831.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0840.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0908.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0959.JPG

Nice to see you posting again and some great pics, I've got a nice ratting farm I've been waiting for the stack to get to the bottom layer, holes everywhere and no lack of food, outside and behind was lifting with them, 3 of us have been going and no great numbers, but all "big fat teddybears" we have only been getting numbers in the 20's each time but this week should be fun, I've put a lot of miles in the last week, been down to my mates in Swansea and Port Talbot, Oswestry the other day and been in Lytham st annes today, just walked in now, I will call in on my way to Scotland soon, I will ring you first, WM

Nice to here your keeping busy bud. Hectic myself lately, back and forth to London with weekend work, still make sure I have couple of nights ,days each week hunting with the team . Good to hear your doing a bit ratting , how's 'Wilf' on the rats? Grace coming on Great big part of the team now. Be good to catch up again Rob ,speak soon ATB Keith.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Great morning out yesterday, over some new permission of a friend. Was different to my usual hunt as I invited Pud and Bill(omanera) from the Border ratters. I've met and hunted with Pud before and no he has a cracking little team of dogs.on this day however our team consisted of my collie, my two Plummers, Puds Westie and my pals collie. No big numbers , dozen or so good rats and three rabbits, great morning out.The images are curtsey of Bill as he was camera man on day, thanks again lads for great craic and Great sport , atb Keith j post-76374-0-37131600-1491244764_thumb.jpgpost-76374-0-20445800-1491244802_thumb.jpgpost-76374-0-68877700-1491244822_thumb.jpgpost-76374-0-67726400-1491244836_thumb.jpgpost-76374-0-83130300-1491244887_thumb.jpgpost-76374-0-82479300-1491244912_thumb.jpgpost-76374-0-84237400-1491244945_thumb.jpg

Edited by keith j
  • Like 11

Yeah it was a good morning, going out with the young'ns, really enjoyed it ha ha

Look forwad to revisiting mate, and getting you up to Puds places

Got some more pics for you, will get them sorted

• Like 1