Whippet Greyhound Grew

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres a pic of my bitch sally,,, about 11 years and 4 stone ago.......   URL=http://s163.photobucket.com/user/ACREPEST/media/pics124007.jpg.html][/url]​

and just for ray,,,, she was 25 inch. And 52 lbs

My grew pup.

Posted Images

I bought a 1st cross greyhound whippet. The mother is a 27inch track greyhound decent bitch. And the father is a 22inch working whippet. He is 9 weeks old now. Ive always had collie/grey. Fancied a change. Intresting to see what size he makes.

My fist Lurcher was bred this way. Mid 70's, out of real rag dogs from when they put a bit of stride back in em by putting em back to Greyhounds. The biggest puppies were given away in the local boozers and one night, one came to our house.

She was all a keen kid could ever want or need BUT i didn't have a clue and she was lucky she made 7 and by that time she'd severed the tendons in her back foot. Was split from ear to arse and her ribs stuck out all funny on one side... She was far too fast and keen for silly green kids but boy, she would kill anything that we put in front of her!

She lived till she was 18 and never jibbed on anything...

These dogs are super fast and if bred right, super keen. Takes a good dog man to keep them working imo... ;)

I had a few mates with Grews [very popular in the pit villages 30-40 years ago] all were very fast [some would take Hares as well as Rabbit] as you would expect but they all lacked abit in the brains Dept, if that doesnt bother you though then why a Grew and not a Sal X Whippet, there wasnt any good Sal blood for us to use back then but there is now, a Sal X Whippet from the right stuff would be my tool of choice.

I like the whippet greys. But not first crosses i prefer something with a bit more grey like 5/8 3/8 cross or whippet/grey x whippet/grey

As for whippet/salukis, don't like them and wouldnt ever have another

What was the problem with the Sal x Whippet.

I had a few mates with Grews [very popular in the pit villages 30-40 years ago] all were very fast [some would take Hares as well as Rabbit] as you would expect but they all lacked abit in the brains Dept, if that doesnt bother you though then why a Grew and not a Sal X Whippet, there wasnt any good Sal blood for us to use back then but there is now, a Sal X Whippet from the right stuff would be my tool of choice.

I like the whippet greys. But not first crosses i prefer something with a bit more grey like 5/8 3/8 cross or whippet/grey x whippet/grey

As for whippet/salukis, don't like them and wouldnt ever have another

What was the problem with the Sal x Whippet.

She wasn't a people person she'd rather stand 10metres away from you than next to you, you had to entice her out the run to go for a walk , I think she would of been better with being the only mutt owned..

Might have been bred from the wrong stuff mate, should be keen as mustard to go out. I,v never owned one like that and iam not one to get rid of a dog, but that would have been found a pet home, thanks for shareing, i thought you were going to say it was as thick as cats shite lol.