CZ rifles

its a leupold vx111 3.5-10x50 i paid about £600 about 10 years ago and it is still 100% i took it off my 22-250 at the beginning of the year. I cant fault the leupold scopes for the money, just like the cz's cheap and bloody good! You could import 1 for about £250 if you wanted to.

Nice looking gun mate. Have you ever had any trouble with the 10 shot mag??

I never have any "trouble" with the 10 shot mag...BUT.... if you use the gun with a sling and walk around the fields all day you end up thumping yourself in the back with it all the time. Out hunting with a sling I always use the 5 shot mag, target wise I usually use the 10!

I've got a CZ HMR 16" varmint and a CZ 527 American in .223 cal and both are great rifles. I will say though if your going to be carrying the varmint round fields "DONT GET ONE" as they get bloody heavy after a while. Get the Varmint for range use or the American for field work and you wont go far wrong. What caliber are you going for and what will its main use be ?

The 22-250 or .223. The 527 .223 is 7.75 pounds. The 550 22-250 is 9.50. The gun will be used on coyote and other varmints.

I suspect that will simply come down to personal preference, but the 550 at 9.5lbs will weigh a ton by the time you get a scope and mounts on it, and a mod and a bipod and fill the magazine! You will certainly notice that on your shoulder by the time you have been walking around a few hours!

More choice and cheaper ammo in the .223 as well!

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have had a look around without any luck. I need a 5 shot magazine for a CZ .22LR,does anyone know where I can get one. Seems pointless setting up an account at the factory for just the one item. I suppose the local gun shop would order one, but is there a quicker direct source?

I agree with all the above comments,I have a CZ 513,very basic but functional and reliable.It does all I want anyway.

• 5 months later...

Fantastic rifles. I've had Brno .22RFs for 25 years or more.

CZ iz the Slovakian factory and used to be owned by Brno. Now out on its own, but still making Brno designs. It is rumoured that CZ have now bought Brno, the original Czech Republic factory.

In any case, the rifles are of very solid construction and are all-steel. No aluminium actions or plastic parts (other than stocks and magazines). They also shoot well straight out of the box.

The wood is usually better than you would expect for the price and my old Brno 581 semi-auto has a great piece of walnut.

I have a CZ452 16" on order in .17 HMR and can't wait to get my hands on it.