Morning Doe ..

Out first thing , managed to knock this old doe over ...watched her for an hour or more grazing out in the field before she came within range , no calf and dry she made a good cull animal ..

In the chiller at 68lb .

post-81636-0-35617000-1447075619_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

Had a collection Matt ..but trying my best to fill it again . Sat up in a seat this afternoon but it was blowing a gale and they stayed in the wood , I could see them but they just wouldn't come clear ..back on them Friday ..

thats a big doe have shot a lot in my time but nowt like that

The weights in LB mate, not KG. I've got no real experience with with fallow but know that sika don't get as big a fallow does and I've shot plenty of 90+ LB hinds. I would have thought 100lb + for a prime doe wouldn't be unusual making this animal a little over the hill and out of condition?

Sorry, just seen your update. A 68lb roe would huge!

Edited by Yokel Matt

thats a big doe have shot a lot in my time but nowt like that

The weights in LB mate, not KG. I've got no real experience with with fallow but know that sika don't get as big a fallow does and I've shot plenty of 90+ LB hinds. I would have thought 100lb + for a prime doe wouldn't be unusual making this animal a little over the hill and out of condition?

Sorry, just seen your update. A 68lb roe would huge!

The average weight of doe's on this place is a little lower than my other places Matt , partially down to numbers ( which I have been addressing for the last three years) and to the type of grazing . My other places are arable farms which obviously provides a much better diet with the average at 70lb to 80 lb ..

Owen , the pup is coming on a treat , nice and steady and is now becoming an asset in the stalking job ..had her out on some picking up /( pigeon shooting) that she loved , although the ones that were still flapping were treated as a grave danger and something to be avoided at all costs , second time out she had forgotten about the dangers of almost dead birds and just picked them up ..

post-81636-0-40653000-1447188781_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1