How many keep on top of them routinely?

How many don't bother?

What's too short n too long to you?

Seen some dogs on here from time to time that look flat footed from terrible nails.

I do mine as and when I can, I find no amount of road work wears mine completely back until I'm happy.

I give it maybe 2mm past quick.

You regularly cut the nails past the quick?

I haven't had to touch my pups yet. They just seen to stay short. But she's only 10 months so that could change.

Brindle bitches grow like mad and no amount of road work keeps them short. I trim them at least weekly just to keep them down a bit.

All dogs are individuals,...same as their owners...

However,...I have found that keeping the nails, as short as possible,..is always benificial and seems to prevent collateral ligament damage,....etc,etc....

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 2

How do you lads cope with black nails?

my dog Buck are all black, to be on the safe side , i only take bit off when i do them, say every 4 weeks , my dogs are good regards there nails they just stand there no prob, because when very young pups i used to just rub clipper over there nails at 1st. then b uild it up from there, meaning even though i am not cutting there nails say for 6 months till they grown, they got used to me touching there feet, and nother thing worth thinking about , if you go to close to the quick even with white nails ,once you hurt them they will (never forget) , so i always just take bit off every month . :yes:

• Like 1