Ferret Breeders

No I mean keep two brothers together they will be ok.

My friend kept loads of hobs together for years until I borrowed a black one to line my Jill. After that it wouldn't stay with another hob in the breeding season.

But the other hobs were still good together

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get two jills and keep the cage clean Kept ferts for 25yrs and never had a problem...the only time I put a vac,d hob over my jills one of them died a few weeks later...They will not automatically kee

You should really keep two ferrets, they are not solitary animals. That size would be big enough though.

My friend kept loads of hobs together for years until I borrowed a black one to line my Jill. After that it wouldn't stay with another hob in the breeding season.

if I keep a sniped hob and a Jill together will he take her out of season every year.

if I keep a sniped hob and a Jill together will he take her out of season every year.

He will take her out of season but he may damage her when hes in season and may need separating. A few jills and one snipped hob can work but all his attention on one jill?...

Two castrated hobs

A castrated hob and a jill (that needs taken out of season)

A vasectomised hob and 2/3+ jills

A couple jills (That need taken out of season)

Those are your options to house together all year round in my opinion. Some people leave their jills in season which might be fine for them but I prefer to take mine out.

Edited by GreyRake

He will take her out of season but he may damage her when hes in season and may need separating. A few jills and one snipped hob can work but all his attention on one jill?...

Two castrated hobs

A castrated hob and a jill (that needs taken out of season)

A vasectomised hob and 2/3+ jills

A couple jills (That need taken out of season)

Those are your options to house together all year round in my opinion. Some people leave their jills in season which might be fine for them but I prefer to take mine out.

why did you not mention 2 spayed jills?

Y.I.S Leeview

I got a quote from the vet of £55 went to pets at home and they didn't have al clue

Asked my vet and they hadn't done one before,so wouldn't attempt it on mine....she did have a friend in Liverpool who had a lot of experience with ferrets and would do it ,think they wanted £190 if memorys correct :icon_eek: I was considering trying the jill jab a few years back to see what all the fuss was about....she quoted me £180 for the 3 jills,as she would have to buy/open a vile of the stuff :icon_eek: Don't use that vet any longer....The year I tried a vac,d hob the two jills that didn't die spent the summer frantically dragging each other all over the run....not for me ,Id rather keep em clean and let them get on with it.How are yours after they've been taken out of season Bob?

I've no had a snipped hob for the last two , three years after my second hob died from testicular cancer , but I lost a eight year old Jill and a six year old Jill this season so I've now got one of this years hob kits for dogger who's getting the snip

Since my hobs died I just l left the Jill's and they looked rough but where okay but to loose two young Jill's this year made me rethink

I've no had a snipped hob for the last two , three years after my second hob died from testicular cancer , but I lost a eight year old Jill and a six year old Jill this season so I've now got one of this years hob kits for dogger who's getting the snip

Since my hobs died I just l left the Jill's and they looked rough but where okay but to loose two young Jill's this year made me rethink

Were they both in season when they died Bob?