Something that was said about my running dog back in the summer has sprung to mind. A knowledgeable enough lady said that my dog was dehydrated, she concluded this due to his pale gums?? He's always got a bowl of fresh water and his gums are always pale?! No such issue (if it is) with my other running dog . . Any thoughts folks??

I would not say it is dehydration, pale gums is usually a sign of anaemia. Do a refill test on him. Press the gum above one of his canine teeth till it goes white, it should go back pink it two seconds after releasing the pressure.

I had a GWP that had heart damage after contracting lung worm, it was that test that I used to check how his heart was doing.

TC

• Like 3

It may well be that the pale colour of It's gums is totally natural. in which case the refill test will be successfully. If it does take more than a second longer it may well be worth taking it to the vet just to be sure.

TC

• Like 1

Just goes to show you shouldn't take notice of the local experts lol, "A knowledgeable enough lady said that my dog was dehydrated, she concluded this due to his pale gums??" most likely just the individuals dogs colouring, as above get the vet to do a full blood count if it shows any sign of lake of stamina/out of puff easy or black stools.

• Like 1