Engels .9 Poly

some of the members like to make nets and show what they done.some are just learning to knit and like the advice and for others it's about being able to make a net and then catch with it, there are also others that like to give advice and share a bit of knowledge but most importantly it's all things netting in here.

more stories would be nice but don't think they will ever be many.

• Like 5

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

some of the members like to make nets and show what they done.some are just learning to knit and like the advice and for others it's about being able to make a net and then catch with it, there are al

if your going to all the trouble of hand knitting a net with engels twine you should finish it with a salvage.   it will be a fine net

o well smithie ,made nets since kids being brought up with trawler men salmon netters so good crack but my buzz is getting out there and catching game fish , with nets dogs ferrets ,

but i have taut a few over the last 25 years to make gill nets , etc, rabbit nets , purse, poke nets etc , but realy you cant beat catching and killing game for the pot or profit a good buzz ,

making nets is a good pastime when weather is shitty and not much happenin ,but once weathers [BANNED TEXT] tallyho as they say ,

do people not go out as much or to old now , to me it keeps you alive ,at times , had some great westerlys this season perfect for long netting on the east coast ,

I also prefer to net than make a net as I have a poor memory and forget how to make a net lol.

never done fish as I'm Huddersfield and not much fish to net here but I would have liked to.

most go out netting if not all that use this section but probably ferret or run a dog as well. some might just prefer to read as I do but I will post a thread if it gets stale in here as this is the only forum I use with a long net section.

trawl back there are some tales to read.

years ago we used to get 5 inch net on the diamond catch hares odd fox then we got better running dogs and nets went out the window ,,

but always made gill lobster nets pots rabbit nets , getting a lot of land now so nets have came back as some very steep land and rough for dogs ,

what i like about long net and lurcher combo in day lite dog takes up his position marks set , i walk round of warren with quickset ,not walking over burries two or three,ferrets in rabbits out , nets up and move on ,gives you an option for big bankings to long net, top, bottom and run a section through ,work ferrets lose and it works well for me , as there hundreds of holes so purse netting would be tedious at times ,had hundreds this season with long net dog combo , great sport

years ago we used to get 5 inch net on the diamond catch hares odd fox then we got better running dogs and nets went out the window ,,

but always made gill lobster nets pots rabbit nets , getting a lot of land now so nets have came back as some very steep land and rough for dogs ,

what i like about long net and lurcher combo in day lite dog takes up his position marks set , i walk round of warren with quickset ,not walking over burries two or three,ferrets in rabbits out , nets up and move on ,gives you an option for big bankings to long net, top, bottom and run a section through ,work ferrets lose and it works well for me , as there hundreds of holes so purse netting would be tedious at times ,had hundreds this season with long net dog combo , great sport

Feck me it's the messiah, he can ferret a 100 hole warren with long nets and not have any hole hopping? :hmm:

TC

Feck me it's the messiah, he can ferret a 100 hole warren with long nets and not have any hole hopping? :hmm:

TC

made me chuckle

you do get the odd hole dropping but the dogs or dog pressurise a lot of rabbits in net , im into quick killing if possible and on to the next one i do use the purse nets for smaller warrens or just let the dogs peg them as they bolt, some of these big setts dont hold enough rabbs to net every one with a purse net , teircel who mentioned there wasnt hole dropping as you called it , its about time and motion with me get it done and move on ,and if they hole drop there for the next time not end of the world.

Don't know if you've tried it or are trying to compare by pics, but it is fine, and going off pics lifelong Cumbrians pics are more accurate lol no offence to ye camera Nelson lol

Lol no offence taken, it was taken with a phone if i remember correctly. more than likely the useless bit of skin behind the camera :laugh:

TC

made me chuckle

Made me spit out my muesli!

• Like 1

TC

made me chuckle

Made me spit out my muesli!

Isnt it a little late for breakfast?? :laugh: