Dog Walker Killed My Sheep

F*ckin hell this place is classic isn't it.

Few obvious things

- not every dog that kills a sheep / cat / bites another dog etc is a potential child killer, you've been reading too much of the Daily Mail.

- If the woman pays up and apologises etc etc then forcing her to have the dog put down is a step too far imo. However, if following the incident she continues to let her un stock broken dog run free around stock and it keeps on doing it, unfortunately a bullet is probably the only answer.

- No offence Cushty, but why should a farmer have his animals killed and his livelihood suffer, just because someone can't train a dog properly?It may be a posy piece of mutton to you, but it's probably a poxy sheep killing mutt to the farmer.

I like dogs a lot, and if I saw one worrying my stock, I would attempt to stop it without killing it, but if I couldn't, and the owner either wasn't there or couldn't stop it, i'd have no choice but to shoot it. What else would you have me do? Stand there while it runs around the field wrecking what I have built and worked hard to achieve???

• Like 10

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's got to be the winner of stupidest post of the day.Most dogs that haven't been stockbroken will chase or kill sheep it's a natural thing for a dog to do it doesn't mean they're all going to star

F*ckin hell this place is classic isn't it.   Few obvious things   - not every dog that kills a sheep / cat / bites another dog etc is a potential child killer, you've been reading too much of the

Exactly. Fed up reading on here the same shit...."kill ma dog and I'll kill all your livestock, or I'll burn your farm down!!" Just train your dogs correctly and it won't happen.....and if it does yo

F*ckin hell this place is classic isn't it.

Few obvious things

- not every dog that kills a sheep / cat / bites another dog etc is a potential child killer, you've been reading too much of the Daily Mail.

- If the woman pays up and apologises etc etc then forcing her to have the dog put down is a step too far imo. However, if following the incident she continues to let her un stock broken dog run free around stock and it keeps on doing it, unfortunately a bullet is probably the only answer.

- No offence Cushty, but why should a farmer have his animals killed and his livelihood suffer, just because someone can't train a dog properly?It may be a posy piece of mutton to you, but it's probably a poxy sheep killing mutt to the farmer.

I like dogs a lot, and if I saw one worrying my stock, I would attempt to stop it without killing it, but if I couldn't, and the owner either wasn't there or couldn't stop it, i'd have no choice but to shoot it. What else would you have me do? Stand there while it runs around the field wrecking what I have built and worked hard to achieve???

There you go boys, a little common sense for all to see.

Well said Jai

• Like 1

If dogs seen in worrying sheep on our land its shot simple as that

To many tigger happy farmers and gamekeepers I know anyone shot my dog over a poxy piece of mutton ild make sure he had no mutton left atall
One day you may find that you come up against someone with a similarly vengeful and vindictive attitude...

Exactly. Fed up reading on here the same shit...."kill ma dog and I'll kill all your livestock, or I'll burn your farm down!!"

Just train your dogs correctly and it won't happen.....and if it does you put your hands up and apologise. If you loose a dog then it's yourself that's too blame.

Not necessarily,a farmer was bragging to a mate in front of me last year about shooting a couple of gypos dogs 'for not fuckking of when they were told to fuckk off',which I gather meant they were lamping got told to go away and went to another field owned by the same farmer,so he shot both of their dogs.

If he lost all of his stock he wouldn't get any sympathy from me.

To many tigger happy farmers and gamekeepers I know anyone shot my dog over a poxy piece of mutton ild make sure he had no mutton left atall
One day you may find that you come up against someone with a similarly vengeful and vindictive attitude...
Exactly. Fed up reading on here the same shit...."kill ma dog and I'll kill all your livestock, or I'll burn your farm down!!"

Just train your dogs correctly and it won't happen.....and if it does you put your hands up and apologise. If you loose a dog then it's yourself that's too blame.

Not necessarily,a farmer was bragging to a mate in front of me last year about shooting a couple of gypos dogs 'for not fuckking of when they were told to fuckk off',which I gather meant they were lamping got told to go away and went to another field owned by the same farmer,so he shot both of their dogs.

Well he's just an arse then.

Well he's just an arse then.

And deserves everything he gets/got,it's not always clear cut is the point.

I know of a bloke doing a bit of bushing and farmer shot the dog and he shot the dog the cnut winked and said I never miss I heard heard he lost a few sheep after that

One did that round here once. He lost more than a few sheep. Lol. Silly f****r. Protecting stock is one thing but being a trigger happy c**t is quite another.

• Like 3

Here's 1 for you, farmer had 40 cows spooked by a lose dog cows spooked trampled fences down and kept going 2 days later got control over them and got them home few grands worth of fencing bills and and a cow down due to broken leg! Who pays that bill?

dont they get a subsidy for that?

Here's 1 for you, farmer had 40 cows spooked by a lose dog cows spooked trampled fences down and kept going 2 days later got control over them and got them home few grands worth of fencing bills and and a cow down due to broken leg! Who pays that bill?

Cows normally stop at the first bit of grass they come to so they must have been pretty spooked?

Its full of anti lurches dog walks were I live so no doubt if the woman seen me killing deer what are about she be on the phone to the police and won't my dog pts, no doubt she an animal lover when suite, ran off to save her skin, got some more cctv to get today of front of land which should see her dog better on it