First Attempt @ Taxidermy - Wee Red Leg Patridge

Hi Guys, Thought I post this up, hand on heart this is the first bird I ever completed a few months ago & indeed my first ever attempt at Taxidermy, after gathering as much info as I could via the web, I bind my own bodies, I'm happy with how this wee guy turned out, feel free to comment/critique - all part of my learning curve which is I can assure you a steep one..Thanks Steve.post-101203-0-05248200-1446346205_thumb.jpgpost-101203-0-81416400-1446346213_thumb.jpgpost-101203-0-92563600-1446346221_thumb.jpgpost-101203-0-05456400-1446346230_thumb.jpgpost-101203-0-81062100-1446346235_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Not a critique as such just an observation. If you look at all the best work, the study is always doing something. Also the studies setting is important it has to be as natural as possible to where you would find that study in the wild.

That said, birds are one of the hardest animals to do because of the very thin skin. IMHO you have done a real good job with the Red leg and can only get better.

TC

• Like 1

Looks good to my untrained eye......id imagine its a massive field of learning but with time and patience i would think great improvements could be made on a first attempt so being how your first attempt looks good it stands to reason your future work could be a good standard.......very interesting hobby i can see the appeal.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...