My Female Goshawk

bullet

the bluetooth is good but not really needed, but you can get an app for your phone which allows you to link your phone and gopro- this is the best use ive found of the bluetooth, you can watch what the gopro is filming on your phone live, pull the photos and videos straight onto your phone off of the camera and stuff, really useful and time saving once you get the hang of it!

In terms of getting a 3 or 4 they are both good, obviously the 4 is just more advanced hence the increased price- but just have a look at the video quality of each and decide how much extra you're willing to pay for the improved video quality...?

ive used my dads 4 silver for a while whenever i have gone diving and its very good so just ordered myself one! hopefully going to be able to give it a go at getting some hunting clips!

I just got the go pro 3 and a £70 discount on it as well as currys are doing them for £150 and retail price are £200 and you get another 10% discount if you buy it in the store so I order head strap and 64gb sd card and go pro came all in at £170 .and the wifi on it to is good to record your clips from on your phone and saves time to.

oh wow thats a pretty good deal! yes agree about the wifi but shame the battery life isnt that great on them, i might invest in a second battery for mine

Mine last 3 hours if your running it straight.but I only run it on short clips and will save the battery life of it.or use it went you hear a rabbit running in a set hit record.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a video of two slips on rabbit with my female gos, the clips are the wrong way around, the first slip she slammed in the fence after her rabbit, the second slip which is the first clip you can see in

today resulted in two rabbits from two slips got one on camera, need to sort out the quality https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbNcJUUkMTs&feature=youtu.be the picture of the two  

today we were back out up the peak area, had a walk around first to see if any squatters were laying out, nowt to fly at so ferreted a sett, first slip for me rabbit was out and in as quick as a blink

Posted Images

the bluetooth is good but not really needed, but you can get an app for your phone which allows you to link your phone and gopro- this is the best use ive found of the bluetooth, you can watch what the gopro is filming on your phone live, pull the photos and videos straight onto your phone off of the camera and stuff, really useful and time saving once you get the hang of it!

In terms of getting a 3 or 4 they are both good, obviously the 4 is just more advanced hence the increased price- but just have a look at the video quality of each and decide how much extra you're willing to pay for the improved video quality...?

ive used my dads 4 silver for a while whenever i have gone diving and its very good so just ordered myself one! hopefully going to be able to give it a go at getting some hunting clips!

I just got the go pro 3 and a £70 discount on it as well as currys are doing them for £150 and retail price are £200 and you get another 10% discount if you buy it in the store so I order head strap and 64gb sd card and go pro came all in at £170 .and the wifi on it to is good to record your clips from on your phone and saves time to.

oh wow thats a pretty good deal! yes agree about the wifi but shame the battery life isnt that great on them, i might invest in a second battery for mine

Mine last 3 hours if your running it straight.but I only run it on short clips and will save the battery life of it.or use it went you hear a rabbit running in a set hit record.

thats a good length of time! I've only used mine while scuba diving and not got anywhere near that amount of time, but that might be just because I often switch between video and camera when using it and then review photos between dives when on the boat- as you say maybe better management of when I use it and less messing around changing settings and it would be fine then! :laugh:

oh wow thats a pretty good deal! yes agree about the wifi but shame the battery life isnt that great on them, i might invest in a second battery for min

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-AHDBT-301-1600mAh-Battery-USB-Dual-Charger-For-GoPro-HD-Hero-3-3-Black

I bought these two batterys and thay have a bigger amp then the go pro batterys ,as the go pro is 1050mha and out put is 3.885wh,as the battery on ebay are 1600mah and out put 5.7wh.and only £7 for two batterys and charger to charger two batterys at once,​

Edited by sean goshawk
  • Like 2

oh wow thats a pretty good deal! yes agree about the wifi but shame the battery life isnt that great on them, i might invest in a second battery for min

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-AHDBT-301-1600mAh-Battery-USB-Dual-Charger-For-GoPro-HD-Hero-3-3-Black

I bought these two batterys and thay have a bigger amp then the go pro batterys ,as the go pro is 1050mha and out put is 3.885wh,as the battery on ebay are 1600mah and out put 5.7wh.and only £7 for two batterys and charger to charger two batterys at once,​

I got two spare batts with a triple charger off amazon, smatree make, 1290 mah, going to look at the one you've shown

Yeah seen them but they only have a 4.9 wh as mine as 5.7wh and with the price of them I could get four batteries and two chargers and charge four batteries at once

looking in to it :thumbs:

my order as been shipped out to me this morning and lll let you know they are like as if there rubbish it only £7 wasted as go pro one are £15 each only last 3 hours.

• Like 1

went to our local ground yesterday which holds a few hares and pheasants, saw a covey of greys but where miles away to try get a decent slip, knocked a pheasant up but didn't slip as it headed towards the farm house( have to be a bit discreet with feather here lol) saw no hares so just did some long recalls

today- was ferreting rabbits day, first bolt and slip resulted a rabbit in the bag, next two slips she flew hard but the rabbits just jinxed their way out of the situation(fair play) my mate also bagged one with his male, the ferret bagged us 3 more rabbits, two were just in side the holes and one was a dig, we decided to work the young ferrets mostly today to give them some experience, going well so far

Edited by bullet
  • Like 1

went to our local ground yesterday which holds a few hares and pheasants, saw a covey of greys but where miles away to try get a decent slip, knocked a pheasant up but didn't slip as it headed towards the farm house( have to be a bit discreet with feather here lol) saw no hares so just did some long recalls

today- was ferreting rabbits day, first bolt and slip resulted a rabbit in the bag, next two slips she flew hard but the rabbits just jinxed their way out of the situation(fair play) my mate also bagged one with his male, the ferret bagged us 3 more rabbits, two were just in side the holes and one was a dig, we decided to work the young ferrets mostly today to give them some experience, going well so far

well done mate I never got out the day with the gos as is pissing down here and did a rope pulls hope tomorrow will be better weather to get out.

• Like 1

well done mate I never got out the day with the gos as is pissing down here and did a rope pulls hope tomorrow will be better weather to get out.

the weather not much better here at the mo, we have been lucky just to get out in between the showers as we fly from about 9ish in the morning

today , 1st rabbit evaded capture running through the cover, 2nd rabbit she caught but lost trying to keep upright falling down a steep slope, 3rd rabbit she stopped in its tracks, due to rain and wind I called it a day on a good note

happy days

got a text lastnight no work on today, so I thought I'd fly today, drove up to fields, spied aloads of hen pheasants next to hedge, geared up, got bird out of box, next thing hears loads of pheasants going off, bloody cross country runner appears from nowhere! :censored:

bloody great, he pipes up nice gos, (makes a change, normally its "is it a buzzard"?) turns out his dad used to rescue birds of prey years ago

set off across field, bird baits, seen a hen making its way up fence line to some bushes, let bird go, shots across field, hen makes it in bush, bird up nearest tree, I get there, beats the bush, out shoots hen but wrong side for bird! bird spots it and gives hard chase across field, in to more cover, gets me ass across to bird, she's lost it, but happy with her flights,

decided to finish off on good long recalls as needed to be home

atb bullet

• Like 2