My Female Goshawk

bullet

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a video of two slips on rabbit with my female gos, the clips are the wrong way around, the first slip she slammed in the fence after her rabbit, the second slip which is the first clip you can see in

today resulted in two rabbits from two slips got one on camera, need to sort out the quality https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbNcJUUkMTs&feature=youtu.be the picture of the two  

today we were back out up the peak area, had a walk around first to see if any squatters were laying out, nowt to fly at so ferreted a sett, first slip for me rabbit was out and in as quick as a blink

Posted Images

Them hares are not easy animals to get as you need them really close to them to give the bird a good chance of catching it.as I would push my gos hard on them as 3 good hard flight tire them out quick.as Ive pushed my girl really hard on them and lay flat down on the grass after a hard flight.

I know what your saying, I gave her a few good rest up in between, the others were keen to keep me flying but with mine being the only female flying them I had to think of my bird and let her rest up, I couldn't of been more proud of her today,

just uploading a quick clip as we type, need more time to sort out my clips lol

See I would be the opposite from you as I push it hard and I've got a mate that flys a female gos is nearly in stock with how hard I push her.

mate I know what your saying but I could see her struggling after she had had some good hard long flights, not all were at my feet, the wind was proper blowing across the fields, by the time we finished it was a lot worse, after a good rest the last one she flew was over a brow of a hill, thought I saw her land just behind, when I got in view she was no where to be seen, she was found under a hedge a good distance away, surprised me as it was a long flight and battling with the wind but she obviously stuck with it

My first hare was I huge buck hare and it was about six foot away and the bird caught it.and had two left feet and fell over a rock and the time I got up a ran over again I was just about to jump and get the hold of the hare and the bird lost its footing and got away.I can say the French words were flying out of me.i still this day I still can't get over it as it was that close

• Like 1

as promised, just a quick un, youtube quality is crap, my facebook one is better

Fcukinhell mate.......that's painfully close! :-(

I know iknow, I keep bloody watching it lol

Bullet, I feel your pain. That was SO close mate.

The bright side is she is binding to them and is holding them.

I reckon if you get a close enough slip at them, she will hold it long enough til you get there.

• Like 1

as promised, just a quick un, youtube quality is crap, my facebook one is better

Bullet, I feel your pain. That was SO close mate.

The bright side is she is binding to them and is holding them.

I reckon if you get a close enough slip at them, she will hold it long enough til you get there.

thanks, i'll just keep trying, I can only go this place every other week so she can have a rest from them, we must of put up over 15 hares in total, some got up half a field away, there were also a fair few covey of English partridge,

• Like 1

I must of slipped at 20 hare before I got this one as it was stuck in cover and the springer flushed it out.and of a rocket I went.but the time I got to it she killed it stone dead.

I must of slipped at 20 hare before I got this one as it was stuck in cover and the springer flushed it out.and of a rocket I went.but the time I got to it she killed it stone dead.

looking good Sean how long was the flight mate

i would been on my knees crying...

looking good Sean how long was the flight mate

that flight was not far as there was a piece of heavy grass and the springer worked it and out bolted the hare as we must been 8 foot away from it and made a wrong mistake and ran down hill and she nailed it.

Well a kills a kill so I'm sure you were as pleased as she was mate.. All confidence for the bird ..she's looking realy realy well. Atb

I was over the moon with her as I thought lll never get a hare with her.as I flown Harris for around 7 years and I trained up a really good female and I had that bird super fit and wouldn't look at a hares even I showed her them in the training stage when I got her.not interested in them.so this is the first bird ive had that has caught one for me.

Edited by sean goshawk