My Female Goshawk

bullet

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a video of two slips on rabbit with my female gos, the clips are the wrong way around, the first slip she slammed in the fence after her rabbit, the second slip which is the first clip you can see in

today resulted in two rabbits from two slips got one on camera, need to sort out the quality https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbNcJUUkMTs&feature=youtu.be the picture of the two  

today we were back out up the peak area, had a walk around first to see if any squatters were laying out, nowt to fly at so ferreted a sett, first slip for me rabbit was out and in as quick as a blink

Posted Images

got a text lastnight no work on today, so I thought I'd fly today, drove up to fields, spied aloads of hen pheasants next to hedge, geared up, got bird out of box, next thing hears loads of pheasants going off, bloody cross country runner appears from nowhere! :censored:

bloody great, he pipes up nice gos, (makes a change, normally its "is it a buzzard"?) turns out his dad used to rescue birds of prey years ago

set off across field, bird baits, seen a hen making its way up fence line to some bushes, let bird go, shots across field, hen makes it in bush, bird up nearest tree, I get there, beats the bush, out shoots hen but wrong side for bird! bird spots it and gives hard chase across field, in to more cover, gets me ass across to bird, she's lost it, but happy with her flights,

decided to finish off on good long recalls as needed to be home

atb bullet

well done mate I got out today for a quick hour before getting the wee man from school.so the big girl was 2lb 11oz and got the young sprocker ready and went out with the mate,and the pup worked a line down beside a river and I walked down the other side with the gos and the pup started barking and out pops a cock bird and of the gos went after it and I seen the pheasant hitting cover with the gos close bye and tracked her down and lost it in really thick cover and she was in a tree so I worked the pup under her to see if he could fine the cock bird but had no luck.and I had the go pro with me and looked over the clip to only see my big f***ing green glove in the clip and missed the whole flight as the flight was in the sunshine and couldn't see it right .

• Like 2

you gotta give them credit to sneak off or evaded capture, looks like young dog is coming on well :thumbs:

yeah as I love this wee sprocker lots of fire in him,as ive got a full breed springer as he was already trained and the pup shows him up,but ive got to look at the springer hes nearly 8years old and trained the pup to work the cover as I only did the sit and recall commend with him.

• Like 1

well today where do I start, had to see my granddaughter get her award at school this morning as my daughter was working, mad dash home to get changed and geared up, picked up my mate with his gos, drove 30mins drive, gets suited and booted, where's me glove? crap, no glove, use me neoprene one I got in me motor, take the pain if need be, mates first slip, unlucky, my turn, slips misses, bird returns, OUCH! forget that, get my mate a kill first so I can use his glove.....two more hard flights for him he decides to feed up, got me a good slip, rabbit used cover, next slip I get my bird is spooked by some cyclists at the same time as I slip! :censored: , bird back, we called it a day

need to sort out me videos, sorted one out the other night took me hours to sort and covert only for youtube to say its too long!!! after it uploaded it!

well today where do I start, had to see my granddaughter get her award at school this morning as my daughter was working, mad dash home to get changed and geared up, picked up my mate with his gos, drove 30mins drive, gets suited and booted, where's me glove? crap, no glove, use me neoprene one I got in me motor, take the pain if need be, mates first slip, unlucky, my turn, slips misses, bird returns, OUCH! forget that, get my mate a kill first so I can use his glove.....two more hard flights for him he decides to feed up, got me a good slip, rabbit used cover, next slip I get my bird is spooked by some cyclists at the same time as I slip! :censored: , bird back, we called it a day

need to sort out me videos, sorted one out the other night took me hours to sort and covert only for youtube to say its too long!!! after it uploaded it!

I did a covert on a video I had and was two hours long and did it no bother.on youtube.

I did a covert on a video I had and was two hours long and did it no bother.on youtube.

mine was only 15mins long with the slow motion bits etc, uploaded it, still said it was too long after, why not before? stupid this bloody youtube larky!!

Nice vid mate I've been trying to film my own own hawk but keep forgetting to press record.

thanks mate, hoping to do a bit of a DVD for myself, I know what you mean, the gopro seems like a fixed feature on my head now I forget its there!! funny yesterday when my bird got spooked just as I was about to slip on a bolting rabbit, I had to climb over a wooden fence that was slippery and I slipped half way over on to my betweens and yelled out in pain, all caught on my cam!!! and I got my mate falling over, i'll save them for the funnies lol

I've filmed a fair bit of cursing this season.

I often can't remember if the GoPro is recording or not when it's stuck on my head, I tried a chest mount but the camera is too low sometimes. I've got a few clips I'll have to put them up when I get chance.

I've filmed a fair bit of cursing this season.

I often can't remember if the GoPro is recording or not when it's stuck on my head, I tried a chest mount but the camera is too low sometimes. I've got a few clips I'll have to put them up when I get chance.

I just listen for the beeps when I turn it on, press record, if ive forgot and try it again you get multiple beeps when you've press to stop recording, just press it again, that's all I do